Futures Brokers Information Website
- Today: Page One
- Today: Marketplace
- Today: Money & Investing
- Home U.S.
- U.S. News
- Politics & Campaign
- Journal Reports
- U.S. Business
- Asia: What's News
- Europe: What's News
- Managing in Asia
- Media & Marketing
- Markets News
- Heard on the Street
- World Markets
- Personal Finance
- Family Finance
- Loans & Credit
- Retirement Planning
- Small Business
- Small Business Financing
- Running a Business
- Using Technology
- Building Awareness
- Top Stories
- U.S. National
- U.S. Congress
- Stock Markets
- U.S. Economy
- European Economy
- Company Earnings
- Personal Finance
- Politics Op/Ed
Futures News - U.S. News - On Careers
From today, January 23, 2020
- How to Ask for a Raise
It doesn't have to be an uncomfortable conversation.
- How to Stay in Control When Your Job Is Stressful
Interruptions, multitasking and negativity all take their toll on your stress level. The following strategies can help nip them in the bud.
- Digital Housekeeping and Your Job Search
Five activities to clean up your digital footprint before beginning a job search.
- How to Write a Recommendation Letter
A step-by-step guide to writing a great recommendation letter.
- 8 Things You Can Do to Feel Better at Work in 2020
A new year brings a fresh chance to fix old habits holding you back from career success.
- How to Approach Career Change in 2020
Tips for those ready to pursue an exciting new job next year.
- Coping With Career Regret
Reflect, look for support and take proactive steps to move forward.
- How to Recover if You're Burned Out at Your Job
A new study shows that around 80% of employees experience burnout at work ? if you're among them, here's what to do.
- Before You Say 'OK Boomer' ? or Get Angry About It ? Embrace the Value of a Multigenerational Workforce
A bias against other age groups can be counterproductive for the workplace.
- Don't Want to Ask Your Boss for PTO During the Holidays? Here's How and Why You Should
Many employees hesitate to ask for the vacation time they've earned ? even over the holidays.
- 6 Reasons Why the Holidays Are a Great Time to Job Hunt
Get a jump on your career advancement by taking advantage of late December.
- The Self-Promotion Gap Is Holding Women Back at Work ? Here?s What to Do
A new survey reveals that women may be sabotaging their careers by underselling their accomplishments.
- 10 Ways Your Career Can Survive a Recession
How to stay employed when the economy turns.
- Qualities of Bad Managers
Many supervisors struggle with these poor management traits, and good employees leave as a result.
- Questions to Ask in a Job Interview
Be prepared to make interviewing a two-way street with these eight key questions to ask the hiring team.
- 10 Kinds of Annoying Co-Workers and How to Deal With Them
How to spot and handle these daily challenges to workplace happiness.
- Generation Z Characteristics in the Workplace
Current managers and bosses would be wise to learn what makes Gen Zers tick at work.
- Phone Interview Questions to Prepare For
Make sure you have comprehensive answers for these common phone interview questions.
- 8 Stress-Busting Mood Boosters to Feel Better in the Office
Trying these mental tips and exercises at work can help with stress management and improve your office health.
- A Guide to Getting a Doctor's Note for Work When Sick or Disabled
Doctor's notes are imperative at work, especially for longer-term illnesses and when disabled.
- 3 Exercise and Ergonomic Tips to Feel Better in the Office
Sitting all day at your desk or computer can take a toll on your health and happiness. Try these ergonomist-approved tips to do something about it.
- Generation X Characteristics in the Workplace
Understanding the traits that make Gen Xers tick at work.
- How to Deal With a Hostile Work Environment
Define, decide and act when confronted by an untenable workplace.
- How to Nurture Tomorrow's Leaders
Learn three ways you can personally help train future leaders.
- 10 Signs of Burnout at Work
If you have these burnout symptoms, you may need to rethink your work-life balance.
- Lying on Your Resume: Consider This Advice Before Embellishing Your Career
While #LiesOnMyResume might sound funny as a joke on Twitter, career embellishment can come with consequences.
- How to Quit a Job You Just Started
Your reputation will open or close more doors for you than your talent ? so don't squander a good one.
- The Secret to Tuning Out the Noise at Work
'Noise' at work isn't just what you hear ? it's all of the distractions around you. Here's how to get better control of your focus and your workday.
- Things You Should and Shouldn't Do While Waiting to Hear Back From a Job
Follow these guidelines while waiting to hear back after a job interview.
- Mistakes to Avoid on a Thank-You Email
Don't ask certain premature questions, watch your tone and other tips.
- Things to Not Do When Quitting Your Job
Nine pitfalls to avoid when leaving.
- 20 Work-Life Balance Tips and Secrets From CEOs
These work-life balance quotes reveal the beliefs of top business leaders from companies including Starbucks, Amazon and Facebook.
- 10 Ways to Learn About a Company's Culture
Before you accept a job, research these sources to find out more about company culture.
- Questions You Should be Prepared to Answer as a Job Reference
Reference check questions are a powerful tool to help employers decide if a candidate is a good fit.
- Working Hard vs. Working Smart (and What to Do if Your Boss Seems to Value the Former)
Learn how the mantra 'work smart, not hard' can help you achieve more each day ? even if your boss doesn't get it at first.
- How to Highlight Interpersonal Skills in Interviews and Resumes
Hiring managers look for job applicants who can demonstrate excellent soft skills.
- What Drives Your Career?
Tips for taking ownership of your satisfaction and success at work.
- How to Change Careers at 40
These seven steps will lead you to your new goal.
- How to Handle Workplace Stress
By knowing the right strategies, you can learn how to deal with stress at work and still keep your boss happy.
- 7 Steps to Take After Losing Your Job
Wondering what to do when you lose your job? Create a plan of action!
- Should You Take a Weekend Job?
Moonlighting with weekend jobs can help your career ? but consider some caveats first.
- How to Handle Competing Job Offers
Receiving competing job offers provides a chance to get a counteroffer at your current job.
- How to Turn Down a Job Offer
Declining a job offer is best done politely.
- Work Hard, Play Hard?
If you get social anxiety at work or are an introvert at work, avoid jobs requiring extra socializing.
- Ignored at Work? Here?s How to Speak Up for Yourself
Introverts, remote workers, underrepresented minorities and junior employees may need ways to get noticed at work.
- Best Job Search Sites
All job search sites are not equal. Use the most popular job-finding websites to help you discover the best jobs.
- Understand Your Offer Letter (Before You Sign)
What does at-will employment mean? Learn this and other details like exempt vs. non-exempt status.
- Share Your Emotional Intelligence With the Hiring Manager
Once you?ve landed a job interview, hone interview techniques that demonstrate cultural fit.
- What Hiring Managers Wished You Knew
By managing up during the interview process, you can impress hiring managers and improve your chances.
- In Interviews, Share Good Reasons for Leaving a Job
Employers want to understand your reason for leaving to make a career move. Here's how to respond.
- How to Follow Up on a Job Application
Learn what to say when following up on a job application.
- How to Adjust to a New Job
Before your job transition, learn these six steps to successfully onboard yourself.
- Take Charge of Your Own Career Growth
Don't wait for your boss to promote you. Here?s how to advance your career.
- Should You Strive for 'Inbox Zero'?
If you have too many emails to manage, this email organization system may be right for you.
- How to Network After College
Worried about finding a job after college? Use these networking tips.
- It?s Never Too Early to Start Thinking About STEM Careers
Girls especially should take advantage of STEM education opportunities long before college.
- What to Expect in a Second Interview
Second interview questions give discerning interviewees a chance to differentiate themselves.
- Make Your Success at Work Easy to Understand
Don't make a hiring manager guess about your work achievements and job performance goals.
- Some Women Should Worry Even More About the Wage Gap
A new study shows how the intersection of race, age and sexual orientation influences the gender wage gap.
- Spring-Clean Your Career to Meet Work Goals
Think beyond a clean desk and a clean inbox with these spring-cleaning tips for your careers goals.
- Employers Prize Resilience
Define resilience at work and show five types of grit to be successful from your first job to your last.
- Adopt an Employee of the Month Mentality
Learn what makes a good employee and why it's never a bad idea to focus on great performance at work.
- 8 Ways to Stay Productive During Your Lunch Break and Coffee Break
Take a break at the office to network with co-workers and keep your career goals on track.
- Young Workers, You?re Not as Professional as You Think
Demonstrating a strong work ethic is how to impress your boss during your first job.
- Here's How to Ask for a Raise Today
Don?t delay talking to your boss about a salary increase. Get a meeting on the calendar today.
- How Working Parents Can Handle Child Care Emergencies
Answers to three common questions about how caregivers can balance work and family duties.
- Stop Sabotaging Yourself at Work
Don't let bad habits prevent you from building credibility and establishing a good reputation.
- Crafting a Classy Resignation Letter
Here's what to include in your two weeks? notice letter to end a business relationship effectively.
- How to Answer 'Why Do You Want to Work Here?'
Explain how you identify with the company and not what the company can do for you.
- How to Have a Great First Week as a New Boss
Build confidence in yourself to succeed during your first week.
- Setting Boundaries at Work
If you keep your head down at work, that can damage your career just as much as socializing too often.
- How to Use 'To Whom It May Concern'
Learn when you should actually use this outdated phrase.
- How to Write a Great Job Interview Follow-Up Email
Use emails judiciously to keep forward momentum following your job interview.
- How to Write a Winning CV
A well-written CV gives a comprehensive overview of your background and qualifications.
- 5 Ways to Prepare for a Corporate Layoff
Consider your psychological needs and financial necessities before you're laid off.
- How to Persuade Your Boss to Let You Work From Home
Follow this advice to create an effective remote work proposal.
- Time-Management Tips for Working Parents
Double duty can ruin your work-life balance. Working parents, tame time pressures with these strategies.
- How to Be Happy at Work
Learning and building a community can lead to increased professional satisfaction.
- Replace Your Resume Objective With a Personal Brand Statement
Convey who you are, how you differ from your competition and the value you bring to your next employer.
- How To Write A Good Resume for Applicant Tracking Systems
Follow this effective resume template to ensure you get a resume review by a human recruiter.
- How to Brand Yourself on Instagram for Career Success
Follow this Instagram careers advice to show personality and professional interests on the platform.
- How to Make the Most of a Dead-End Job
Learn from dead-end job examples and put yourself on a path that leads to future career advancement.
- Gain Career Insight With Informational Interviews
Learn how to ask for an informational interview and what the etiquette is for these important exchanges.
- Pros and Cons of Working From Home
Remote working jobs offer many benefits, but the drawbacks include fewer work-life balance boundaries.
- Tips for Learning a New System at Work
Demonstrating flexibility in the workplace and the ability to learn new technology is important.
- How to Describe Weaknesses in a Job Interview
When asked about their weaknesses, job interview candidates should remember these five C's.
- 4 Keys to a Recruiter's Heart
Learn what recruiters expect from high-level candidates.
- How Companies Keep Employees Engaged
Thoughtful partnerships between employees and employers is the theme of 2019.
- Use Coaching Skills to Improve Office Management
These techniques will help you motivate and connect with your employees.
- Boost Your Professional Brand With Video
Consider a video resume or LinkedIn video to reach recruiters and hiring managers.
- Master the Art of Ignoring to Get More Done at Work
Learn how to stop procrastinating and how not to get distracted in order to reach your career goals.
- How to Handle Conflict in the Workplace
Use coaching skills to better manage your professional relationships.
- How to Start a Quiet Job Search
Don?t jeopardize the job you have while looking for the job you want.
- 6 Ways Employers Recruit With Artificial Intelligence
Companies hope chatbots and video interviews will improve the recruiting process for everyone.
- 3 Keys to Negotiating for a Compensation Package
Remember, it's not just your salary that adds value.
- Red Flag Phrases to Leave Off Your Resume
If you need to submit a resume to get your next job, you are not "visionary."
- How to Be Successful in Life and Your Career
Let these six recommendations help you achieve success.
- How to Write a Recommendation on LinkedIn
Remember, a recommendation on this social platform is public.
- Make 'Overqualified' an Advantage
Learn to prove that your experience provides extra value.
- Psych Yourself Up for Your Next Job Interview
Feel confident by keeping in mind three things every interviewer wants to know.