Futures Brokers Information Website
- Today: Page One
- Today: Marketplace
- Today: Money & Investing
- Home U.S.
- U.S. News
- Politics & Campaign
- Journal Reports
- U.S. Business
- Asia: What's News
- Europe: What's News
- Managing in Asia
- Media & Marketing
- Markets News
- Heard on the Street
- World Markets
- Personal Finance
- Family Finance
- Loans & Credit
- Retirement Planning
- Small Business
- Small Business Financing
- Running a Business
- Using Technology
- Building Awareness
- Top Stories
- U.S. National
- U.S. Congress
- Stock Markets
- U.S. Economy
- European Economy
- Company Earnings
- Personal Finance
- Politics Op/Ed
Futures News - U.S. News - On Careers
From today, March 19, 2018
- Spring-Clean Your Career
Focus on fine-tuning three key professional competencies this month and watch your career capital soar.
- Stop Work Burnout Before It Starts
By taking a few simple steps now, you can avoid a lot of pain later on.
- How to Stay in Work Mode During March Madness
Feeling distracted at your desk? You're not alone. Here's how to stay focused during the NCAA tournament.
- 3 Questions You Must Be Prepared to Answer in a Job Interview
How to reframe difficult questions to provide compelling, winning answers.
- Tips to Minimize Age Bias in Hiring
What you can do to improve your chances of being hired.
- 4 Things to Look for During the Job Interview
The job interview is your chance to evaluate the opportunity.
- 3 Ways Your Phone Is Hurting Your Leadership Ability
Your phone use may be damaging your business relationships.
- Are You Ready for a 'Busy Boycott'?
Sometimes, doing less can actually lead to much more in business and in life.
- The Older Job Seeker's 3-Step Makeover Plan
Appearances matter in a job search.
- Is Work Putting Your Health at Risk?
The price tag on your peace of mind and happiness is invaluable.
- The Devilish Details That Make for a Successful Job Hunt
Don't let these common errors diminish your chances of getting the job of your dreams.
- Want to Get a Job at Amazon's HQ2 ? or Anywhere Else?
A critical factor that employers are looking for ? from Amazon to Apple ? is 'agility.'
- How to Reject a Referral Request
How to strategically reject referrals without damaging networking relationships.
- How to Let Your Friends Know You're Job Hunting
Your friends hold the key to your next job.
- 5 Reasons to Ditch Your Inner Critic
An exclusive interview with executive coach Susan Peppercorn sheds light on the destructive nature of negative self-talk at work ? and what you can do about it.
- Managing the Emotional Side of Job Search
Don't let the emotional roller coaster slow your search.
- How to Determine What You're Worth
You should always know your professional going rate.
- Cover Letter Do's and Don'ts
How to effectively buttress your resume to gain job search traction.
- Success Strategies for Remote Employees
Tips to get ahead without going to the office.
- 3 Ways to Fix Your Resume
How to properly represent yourself and stand out from the crowd.
- Are You Using Bad Habits to Relieve Work Stress?
If you find yourself reaching for the M&M's too often in the office, it may be time to develop healthier coping strategies for work-related anxiety.
- Acing the Phone or Video Interview as an Older Job Seeker
Five steps for an effective digital interview.
- How to Bounce Back During the Interview Process
Job searching can have many peaks and valleys ? here's how to ride it out.
- Can You Benefit From an Executive Coach?
How coaches partner with talented leaders to attain career success.
- 4 Innovations to the Recruiting Process to Look for in 2018
If you are in the hunt for a new job, don't be caught off guard by some of these new trends.
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Team Retreat
Four easy tips to ensure your team retreat is a positive experience.
- How a Structured Day Can Help You Gain Mental Space and Sanity
Being more intentional about how you schedule your work hours can reduce stress and ultimately lead to success.
- Are You Sabotaging Your Chances for a Promotion?
Sick of being overlooked for advancement opportunities? Make sure you're not self-sabotaging.
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Reschedule Your Job Interview
Freaking out about rescheduling your interview? It's not a big deal. Really, it's not.
- How to Get a Job Without Applying for It
Learn how recruiters search for top-tier candidates.
- The Best Strategies for Writing an Effective Resume Summary
Create a unique and relevant introduction into your professional qualifications.
- Why 'The Job Interview' Is Only Part of the Story When Looking for a Job
Key steps to maximize your interview opportunities.
- Experienced Workers Sell Wisdom. Employers Buy Expected Results
Older job seekers need to prove they can contribute immediately.
- 8 Actions to Kick Off Your New Year and Career Right
A new year is here and what better time to get your career in shape?
- These 4 Leadership Styles Crush Enthusiasm at Work
How to recognize and avoid them to nurture employee growth.
- Should You Slow Down Your Workload This Year?
How to figure out when enough is enough.
- 4 Ways to Crush Your Job and Still Have a Personal Life
Get more done, without clocking overtime.
- How to Shine a Spotlight on Your Soft Skills During Your Next Job Interview
As prospective employers see if your technical abilities are a match, they're also sizing up your coveted soft skills.
- 5 Ways Your LinkedIn Feed Can Lead to a Job
Make yourself into a thought leader and find hidden opportunities.
- How to Use Your Email Signature Line to Stand Out in Your Job Search
Small changes can make the right first impression.
- Do Extroverts Get a Bad Rap at Work?
Introverts are in vogue these days ? but where does that leave extroverts?
- How to Handle a Co-Worker's Bad Behavior
Should you tell your boss? Here are a few things to consider before you do.
- 5 Ways to Uncover the Hidden Job Market
Start building your network to find opportunities that aren't posted.
- Jobs and Skills With a Bright Future
See what jobs and skills will help you stay in demand.
- 4 Key Questions for Year-End Job Seekers
Take advantage of the season to put your job search into high gear.
- How Companies Can Throw Holiday Parties Employees Actually Want to Attend
Don't make attendance mandatory, don't hold it on a boat and other tips for a better party.
- Employers: Consider This Untapped Diversity Hiring Route
Look beyond the usual diversity indicators for new growth opportunities.
- Fired From Your Last Job? How to Talk About It During an Interview
How to lay your cards out on the table and get the job.
- Ask These 3 Questions When Negotiating Your Next Job Offer
Yes, salary is the first priority, but if you don't ask these additional questions, you may miss out on other compensation.
- Should You Work for a Friend?
Accepting a job offer to work with a friend may seem like a no-brainer ? but it's not.
- Don't Make These 6 Mistakes at Work During the Holidays
Don't pressure people to chip in for gifts for the boss, and other holiday rules for work.
- Older Job Seekers Must Inventory Their Contacts
People you already know are the keys to your job search.
- How to Prepare for Your January Job Search ? Now
If switching jobs in 2018 is one of your career goals, begin planning your move now.
- 3 Things Employers Want to Know About You
Pay attention to your audience to know how to tell your story.
- Make More Money in the New Year, Without Changing Your Job
Eight overlooked opportunities to increase compensation and perks at work.
- First-Time Manager? Here?s What You Need to Know
Get ready to leave your comfort zone.
- Interview Know-How: Combatting First Impression Bias
It's human nature to try and read others by facial features, but there are ways to have greater influence over a hiring manager's impression of you.
- How to Speak Proudly About Your Work
Don't discount what you do ? it could cost you connections to help you move ahead in your career.
- What to Do if Your Co-Worker Is a Whiner
Practical ways to deal with the chronic complainer.
- Here's Why You Should Withdraw Your Job Candidacy
How to do it cleanly and professionally so you can move on.
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Taking a Job
They want to hire you ? but before you say yes, be sure you really want to be hired.
- How to Get Hired for a Nonprofit Job
Here's what you need to know to get paid to make the world a better place.
- 8 Ways to Show Workplace Gratitude Without Spending a Dime
Gratitude costs nothing, yet the rewards are huge.
- 5 Tips for Networking Success
Now is the time to build relationships for your job search.
- Tips to Prepare for a Job Change in January
The end of the year is an optimal time to set the foundation for career progression.
- Do You Say 'Thank You' Often Enough at Work?
Consider these three ways to show gratitude to co-workers who make your life easier.
- When and How to Follow Up During a Job Search
Don't shy away from following up ? it can make all the difference.
- 5 Things to Know About Informational Interviews
It's not just about asking for a job. In fact ? quite the opposite. Here's how to work it.
- What to Do When Your Meetings Always Run Too Long
Follow these tips to keep your meetings on target.
- Is It Time for a Job Change?
How to know when you should seek greener pastures or stay put in your current position.
- How to Recognize a Bad Workplace ? Before You Take the Job
If you spot these signs in your interview, proceed with extreme caution.
- Want to Be Happier at Work? Start Here
Whatever your current situation, you too can be happier at work simply by mastering your mindset.
- How to Showcase Your Unpaid Work on Your Resume
Don't hide your volunteer work on your resume, simply determine where it belongs.
- 7 Ways to Stay Motivated During Your Job Search
Reinvigorate your job search by trying these things.
- Job Searching When You Are on the Go
Mobile job search apps can help your job search, until they hurt it.
- Tips for Making the Most of an Internal Job Referral
Maximize your chances of being hired in a "Goldilocks" employment market.
- How to Deal With a Co-Worker Who's Rude to You
What should you say to a hostile or unpleasant colleague?
- How to Keep Your Boss From Noticing You Are Updating Your LinkedIn Profile
Follow these tips to job search in stealth mode until you are ready to make a move.
- Here's the 1 Trait Hiring Managers Seek Most
Think it's a technical skill? Think again.
- How to Make Your Commute to Work More Bearable
Some simple strategies and advance planning can ensure that your transport to and from the office is as painless as possible.
- 5 Rules for Halloween Costumes at Work
Here's how to have fun dressing up for the holiday without spooking your co-workers.
- Older Workers Offer the Focus That Employers Need
The ability to focus on tasks is the key component of productivity today.
- 5 Simple Email Fixes to Prevent Bombing Job Applications
Check to make sure you're not making these damaging email mistakes.
- 9 Things Job Seekers Do That Anger Recruiters
Alienating recruiters will hurt your job prospects.
- Why You Need Both a Resume and a Strong LinkedIn Profile
Tell your story different ways to different audiences for job hunting success.
- Can I Swear at Work?
Consider these tips before you dare to swear.
- Here's the Right Way to Submit Your Resume Online
Have questions about applying for jobs online? We've got answers.
- 4 Ways to Get a Job You Think Is out of Your Reach
You no longer need to meet nine out of the 10 requirements to get the job.
- Maximize Remote Workers' Location
The spread of remote work continues. Here's how to leverage employees' location to your advantage.
- How to Ace a Lunch Interview
It's not about the food. Really.
- Is Clutter Cramping Your Clarity at Work?
Taking steps to simplify and store your stuff can help you stay focused on the job.
- Here's the Right Way to Format Your Resume
Learn the basics of creating a resume from scratch.
- How to Be Your Own Career Coach
With the right approach, you can be your own motivator.
- How to Turn Your College Experience Into Success
What to do now to increase your chances of landing a job straight out of school.
- Getting a Job With the Help of Strong and Weak Ties
There's no such thing as a bad networking contact when it comes to job searching.
- 6 Ways to Make Your Resume Stand Out
Jazz up your resume using these pointers.
- Job Seeking Pitfalls ? 4 Signs You Are Trying Too Hard
Actions that erode trust, respect and rapport result in disqualification.
- What Can I Do Now to Achieve My Career Goals?
Think beyond your industry and act if you're seeking a future change.
- How to Answer the Dreaded Interview Question: Tell Me About Yourself
A few key points to helping you get through this tricky query.
- How to Start an Informal Mentorship
If your company doesn't have a formal mentorship program, there's no reason you can't create your own!