Futures Brokers Information Website
- Today: Page One
- Today: Marketplace
- Today: Money & Investing
- Home U.S.
- U.S. News
- Politics & Campaign
- Journal Reports
- U.S. Business
- Asia: What's News
- Europe: What's News
- Managing in Asia
- Media & Marketing
- Markets News
- Heard on the Street
- World Markets
- Personal Finance
- Family Finance
- Loans & Credit
- Retirement Planning
- Small Business
- Small Business Financing
- Running a Business
- Using Technology
- Building Awareness
- Top Stories
- U.S. National
- U.S. Congress
- Stock Markets
- U.S. Economy
- European Economy
- Company Earnings
- Personal Finance
- Politics Op/Ed
Futures News - U.S. News - On Careers
From today, December 18, 2017
- Employers: Consider This Untapped Diversity Hiring Route
Look beyond the usual diversity indicators for new growth opportunities.
- Fired From Your Last Job? How to Talk About It During an Interview
How to lay your cards out on the table and get the job.
- Ask These 3 Questions When Negotiating Your Next Job Offer
Yes, salary is the first priority, but if you don't ask these additional questions, you may miss out on other compensation.
- Should You Work for a Friend?
Accepting a job offer to work with a friend may seem like a no-brainer ? but it's not.
- Don't Make These 6 Mistakes at Work During the Holidays
Don't pressure people to chip in for gifts for the boss, and other holiday rules for work.
- Older Job Seekers Must Inventory Their Contacts
People you already know are the keys to your job search.
- How to Prepare for Your January Job Search ? Now
If switching jobs in 2018 is one of your career goals, begin planning your move now.
- 3 Things Employers Want to Know About You
Pay attention to your audience to know how to tell your story.
- Make More Money in the New Year, Without Changing Your Job
Eight overlooked opportunities to increase compensation and perks at work.
- First-Time Manager? Here?s What You Need to Know
Get ready to leave your comfort zone.
- Interview Know-How: Combatting First Impression Bias
It's human nature to try and read others by facial features, but there are ways to have greater influence over a hiring manager's impression of you.
- How to Speak Proudly About Your Work
Don't discount what you do ? it could cost you connections to help you move ahead in your career.
- What to Do if Your Co-Worker Is a Whiner
Practical ways to deal with the chronic complainer.
- Here's Why You Should Withdraw Your Job Candidacy
How to do it cleanly and professionally so you can move on.
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Taking a Job
They want to hire you ? but before you say yes, be sure you really want to be hired.
- How to Get Hired for a Nonprofit Job
Here's what you need to know to get paid to make the world a better place.
- 8 Ways to Show Workplace Gratitude Without Spending a Dime
Gratitude costs nothing, yet the rewards are huge.
- 5 Tips for Networking Success
Now is the time to build relationships for your job search.
- Tips to Prepare for a Job Change in January
The end of the year is an optimal time to set the foundation for career progression.
- Do You Say 'Thank You' Often Enough at Work?
Consider these three ways to show gratitude to co-workers who make your life easier.
- When and How to Follow Up During a Job Search
Don't shy away from following up ? it can make all the difference.
- 5 Things to Know About Informational Interviews
It's not just about asking for a job. In fact ? quite the opposite. Here's how to work it.
- What to Do When Your Meetings Always Run Too Long
Follow these tips to keep your meetings on target.
- Is It Time for a Job Change?
How to know when you should seek greener pastures or stay put in your current position.
- How to Recognize a Bad Workplace ? Before You Take the Job
If you spot these signs in your interview, proceed with extreme caution.
- Want to Be Happier at Work? Start Here
Whatever your current situation, you too can be happier at work simply by mastering your mindset.
- How to Showcase Your Unpaid Work on Your Resume
Don't hide your volunteer work on your resume, simply determine where it belongs.
- 7 Ways to Stay Motivated During Your Job Search
Reinvigorate your job search by trying these things.
- Job Searching When You Are on the Go
Mobile job search apps can help your job search, until they hurt it.
- Tips for Making the Most of an Internal Job Referral
Maximize your chances of being hired in a "Goldilocks" employment market.
- How to Deal With a Co-Worker Who's Rude to You
What should you say to a hostile or unpleasant colleague?
- How to Keep Your Boss From Noticing You Are Updating Your LinkedIn Profile
Follow these tips to job search in stealth mode until you are ready to make a move.
- Here's the 1 Trait Hiring Managers Seek Most
Think it's a technical skill? Think again.
- How to Make Your Commute to Work More Bearable
Some simple strategies and advance planning can ensure that your transport to and from the office is as painless as possible.
- 5 Rules for Halloween Costumes at Work
Here's how to have fun dressing up for the holiday without spooking your co-workers.
- Older Workers Offer the Focus That Employers Need
The ability to focus on tasks is the key component of productivity today.
- 5 Simple Email Fixes to Prevent Bombing Job Applications
Check to make sure you're not making these damaging email mistakes.
- 9 Things Job Seekers Do That Anger Recruiters
Alienating recruiters will hurt your job prospects.
- Why You Need Both a Resume and a Strong LinkedIn Profile
Tell your story different ways to different audiences for job hunting success.
- Can I Swear at Work?
Consider these tips before you dare to swear.
- Here's the Right Way to Submit Your Resume Online
Have questions about applying for jobs online? We've got answers.
- 4 Ways to Get a Job You Think Is out of Your Reach
You no longer need to meet nine out of the 10 requirements to get the job.
- Maximize Remote Workers' Location
The spread of remote work continues. Here's how to leverage employees' location to your advantage.
- How to Ace a Lunch Interview
It's not about the food. Really.
- Is Clutter Cramping Your Clarity at Work?
Taking steps to simplify and store your stuff can help you stay focused on the job.
- Here's the Right Way to Format Your Resume
Learn the basics of creating a resume from scratch.
- How to Be Your Own Career Coach
With the right approach, you can be your own motivator.
- How to Turn Your College Experience Into Success
What to do now to increase your chances of landing a job straight out of school.
- Getting a Job With the Help of Strong and Weak Ties
There's no such thing as a bad networking contact when it comes to job searching.
- 6 Ways to Make Your Resume Stand Out
Jazz up your resume using these pointers.
- Job Seeking Pitfalls ? 4 Signs You Are Trying Too Hard
Actions that erode trust, respect and rapport result in disqualification.
- What Can I Do Now to Achieve My Career Goals?
Think beyond your industry and act if you're seeking a future change.
- How to Answer the Dreaded Interview Question: Tell Me About Yourself
A few key points to helping you get through this tricky query.
- How to Start an Informal Mentorship
If your company doesn't have a formal mentorship program, there's no reason you can't create your own!
- How to Be Happier at Work
Ask key questions during your interview to get a sense of how you'll fit in.
- Didn't Get Hired? Don't Take It Personally
You can control a lot about how well you do in your job search ? but not everything.
- Everything You Ever Wondered About Negotiating Salary, Answered
How much should you ask for? What if they pull your offer? We've got answers to all your trickiest salary questions.
- 4 Steps to a Successful Job Application
If you meet the qualifications, how can you put your best foot forward?
- 8 Things You Should Never Do at a Job Interview
Don?t make these mistakes during your next interview.
- 5 Things to Remember When You Don't Get the Job
How to use rejection to your own advantage.
- What to Do When You Disagree With Your Boss's Feedback
Try to understand their perspective, and don't get defensive.
- Job Postings Alone Rarely Lead to Jobs
Older job seekers cannot rely only on postings to get the position they want.
- How to Review Remote Employees
When managing remote employees, schedule regular check-ins and evaluate skills that are unique to their circumstances.
- Why You Should Look for a New Job While You're Happy in Your Current One
Keeping your eyes and ears open can lead to positive results.
- Are These 3 Bad Habits Hurting Your Job Search?
Mental negativity can hold you back from securing the job opportunity you want.
- How Employers Decide Whether to Interview You
Here's what hiring managers think about when they review your job application.
- Get Hired Faster ? 3 Ways to Make It Happen
It's taking longer than ever to get hired, but there are steps you can take to speed things up.
- Are You Really Prepared to Interview?
Focus, a positive mindset and thoughtful preparation are your keys to interview success.
- 4 Ways to Handle the Boss From Hell
You do have choices for how you'll react to your supervisor.
- Stay Ahead of the Curve: Quickly Mastering New Technology at Work
How to be more efficient and productive at your job.
- How to Bargain for the Best Possible Salary
Get what you deserve when you are armed with great research.
- 4 Things Recruiters Wished You Knew About Your Resume
The job of a resume is to get you an interview, not hired.
- How to Ace Your Next Phone Interview
Employers increasingly are screening candidates by phone before in-person interviews.
- How to Network With Different Types of Connections
Understanding the nuances between communicating with a close contact versus a second-degree LinkedIn connection.
- Thanks, but No Thanks: How to Turn Down a Job Offer Set Up by a Friend
What to do when networking in your job search goes wrong.
- How Late Should You Stay Up Working?
Night owls are at higher risk for health problems and mental errors if they don?t take steps to counterbalance their tendency to work too long into the night.
- Avoid These Words on Your Resume and Get More Interviews
Make your resume easy to read so recruiters and hiring managers can focus on what matters most.
- How to Conduct an Effective Job Search
Over 80 percent of jobs come through networking. Here's how to make your job search more active.
- The Micropitch Starts a Conversation
Ditch your old elevator pitch for a shorter introduction.
- How to Handle Rejection After a Job Interview
Always be professional and pursue new open doors.
- 4 Tips for Follow-Up Job Interviews
You've passed your first-round interview. Now what?
- How to Decline an Offer Without Burning a Bridge
The business world is no place for "ghosting."
- How to Avoid Being the Annoying New Person at Your New Job
Don't get too comfortable too fast.
- Networking Is Not Just for the Young
Older job seekers need to network more than anyone.
- 15 Ways to Find and Keep Your Motivation at Work
How to produce your best work throughout the day without feeling burned out.
- How to Light a Fire Under Your Lazy Boss
What to do when the one who isn?t motivated is your superior.
- You Have More Time Than You Think at Work
An exclusive interview with time management and productivity author Laura Vanderkam sheds light on a new way of thinking about your workweek.
- Should You Let Your Boss Know You're Job Searching?
Is it a professional courtesy or a foolhardy move?
- The Step-by-Step Guide to the Perfect Interview
It's a marathon, not a sprint. Don't get tripped up.
- 3 Ways to Bridge the Skills Gap and Get the Job You Want
Employers are being forced to open their eyes to candidates who have more varied backgrounds.
- How Companies Can Manage Overseas Assignments
Offering employees and families better support can lower the rate of failed international assignments.
- 3 Ways for Job Hunters to Get Past Gatekeepers
Create a dialogue with an employer before you apply for a job.
- When Should You Consider Making a Lateral Move?
In some situations it can still be a step forward.
- 3 Managerial Tips Taken From a Kindergarten Classroom
Tactics from school can boost productivity at work, too.
- 3 Ways a Dream Board Helps Boost Your Career
If you don?t have a career dream board, here are three reasons why you should.
- 'Tell Me Your Greatest Weakness': How to Ace This Interview Question
When answered strategically, this question can have interviewers focused on your strengths rather than your shortcomings.
- The Federal Government is Taking Up Overtime Pay Again
The Department of Labor wants your input on how we should change the overtime rules.
- How to Crush Fears and Get On With Your Job Search
Control your fears, determine your strengths and get organized in order to push on with your job search.
- How Social Media Can Help and Harm Your Job Search
There is a dark side to social media but also a great opportunity to market yourself.
- 5 Red Flags to Identify During a Job Interview
Yes, they do exist.