Futures Brokers Information Website
- Today: Page One
- Today: Marketplace
- Today: Money & Investing
- Home U.S.
- U.S. News
- Politics & Campaign
- Journal Reports
- U.S. Business
- Asia: What's News
- Europe: What's News
- Managing in Asia
- Media & Marketing
- Markets News
- Heard on the Street
- World Markets
- Personal Finance
- Family Finance
- Loans & Credit
- Retirement Planning
- Small Business
- Small Business Financing
- Running a Business
- Using Technology
- Building Awareness
- Top Stories
- U.S. National
- U.S. Congress
- Stock Markets
- U.S. Economy
- European Economy
- Company Earnings
- Personal Finance
- Politics Op/Ed
Futures News - U.S. News - On Careers
From today, July 22, 2018
- How a Low Unemployment Rate May Affect your Job Search
Here are a few things to expect when applying for a job in today?s tight labor market.
- How to Volunteer Yourself Into a New Job
Skills-based volunteering builds and demonstrates your abilities to collaborate and communicate, show initiative, solve problems and provide leadership.
- How to Cope With a Prolonged Job Search
If you've been searching for a new job and it?s taking longer than you think it should, these steps will get your search back on track.
- Summer's Here. Don't Be Afraid to Use Your Vacation Time
More U.S. workers are taking vacation this year. Shouldn't you?
- 4 Ways to Jump-Start Your Job Search
Essential steps to defining your job search strategy.
- Always Checking Your Smartphone at Work? Here's How to Break the Habit
Too much time tuned into your device can derail your focus and progress toward your work goals.
- Startups vs. Big Companies: Which Is Better for Your Career?
You may need to look inward for the answer.
- 3 LinkedIn Profile Pitfalls
Limit these LinkedIn blunders to increase your career possibilities.
- How to Choose the Right People to Be Your References
Learn the steps to ensure you have an outstanding reference list.
- Want to Fix Your Weaknesses at Work? Follow These Experts' Advice
You can do better in key areas of your professional life ? but only if you take the right steps to improve.
- How to Tell Your Story When Job Searching
Prepare stories to illustrate all aspects of your fit for a position.
- 7 LinkedIn Features to Make Your Job Search Easier
Leverage these features to improve your candidacy for a job.
- How to Handle the Overly Chatty Co-Worker in Meetings
Tips for keeping your meetings on track and productive.
- C-Suite Advice to Women in the Workplace: Don't Hedge Your Message
If you want to advance and succeed in your career, avoid these limiting behaviors that can brand you as a novice.
- Generation Z: Are You Ready to Get Your First Job?
Important advice for the newest generation to enter the workforce.
- Here's Why You Should Always Be Looking for a New Job
Happy in your current job? Great! This is the time to keep your eyes open.
- 4 Things to Do When You Are Lost in the Job Hunt Wilderness
How to step back, reflect and refocus your job search efforts.
- 4 Rules for Resignation
There is much to gain from rising to the occasion when you resign.
- Acquiring Professional Skills Can Make You a More Attractive Employee
Take advantage of every opportunity to enhance your skills.
- How to Build and Manage a Remote Team
Finding the balance between workplace flexibility and production.
- Why Career-Minded Professionals Should Think Before They Tweet
Job seekers and those already employed should exercise smart judgment when choosing what to publish on social media.
- What Is Your Job Fit Thesis?
Every job candidate needs to be able to explain exactly why they're the right fit for the position.
- Mind the Gap: How to Explain Gaps on Your Resume
It seems more often than not candidates have a gap in employment. Here's how to master talking about it.
- 6 Job Hunting Tips for New Grads
How to be savvy when you are looking for your first job after college.
- 6 Ways to Evaluate Company Culture
Don't wait for the interview to learn about a company.
- Is Your Networking Strategy Falling Short?
If you are too focused on networking solely on social media, you're missing out on opportunities.
- Here's Why You Should Check Your Work Email First Thing in the Morning
It's popular to warn against prioritizing email before breakfast ? but does that advice really work for you?
- Time-Saving Networking Strategies for Busy People
No time to network? No problem! These tips are effective and require no more than a few minutes.
- How to Make a Splash at Your Second In-Person Job Interview
Prepare to go beyond superficialities to show you are the right person for the job.
- 3 Tips for Making a Successful Job Change
Judge a role based on a well-thought-out framework.
- What to Do When Recruiters Start Texting You
More and more recruiters are now turning to text messaging as a means to engage with potential job candidates.
- 5 Tips to Become a Powerful Job Hunter
Learn the best ways to invest your time searching for a new job.
- A Guide to Managing Multiple Generations in the Workplace
Motivating all of your employees can be a challenge, but it's not impossible.
- Want to Boost Your Productivity? Change How You Think About Time
Seeing where your hours really go can help you accomplish more that matters.
- How to Build Authentic Confidence for Job Interviews
Nothing is more confidence-boosting than thoughtful, thorough preparation.
- How to Spot Company Culture Problems During a Job Interview
Follow these tips to make an informed decision before you accept a position.
- Why Do You Want to Leave Your Job?
Be prepared to explain why this is the right time to make your next career move.
- Quick Tips to Clean Up Your Social Media Profiles When Job Searching
Do some digital housekeeping to keep your social media profiles professional.
- These Common Reference Myths Are Hurting Your Job Search
Common misconceptions about references can be stopping you from landing your next gig.
- Women: Here's How to Ask for More Money
The gender pay gap still exists ? here's what to do to help close it.
- How to Handle 3 Common Salary Negotiation Situations
Ask the right questions and get the desired results.
- How to Inform Your Manager You Received an External Job Offer
Get ready to handle a potential counter-offer situation.
- 6 Tips for Networking Success
How to build the relationships that will further your career.
- 8 Reasons Career Fairs Are Helpful for Older Job Seekers
Job fairs are an important tool for mature talent.
- Beyond the Boss ? Why Everyone You Work With Matters When It Comes to References
It is time to begin considering your co-workers as potential references.
- 10 Tips to Ensure a Successful Internship
How will you make sure your internship is all you want it to be?
- How to Find a Mentor for Career Success
Here is an easy guide to finding a valuable career asset.
- 4 Signs You Care Too Much About What Co-Workers Think
Is your 'disease to please' getting the better of you at work?
- How to Handle Vacation Shaming in the Office
Find the source of the problem and take time off with confidence.
- How to Transition to a New Career
Are you sick of your job and want to do something completely different?
- Why (and How) You Should Be Exploring Your Career Options This Year
It's the perfect time to nab your dream job.
- The Secret to Getting a Job Interview
Do this one thing and increase your odds of landing a job interview.
- 5 Simple Tips to Working Remotely
Follow these tips to make your remote workday more engaging and productive.
- Spring-Clean Your Career
Focus on fine-tuning three key professional competencies this month and watch your career capital soar.
- Stop Work Burnout Before It Starts
By taking a few simple steps now, you can avoid a lot of pain later on.
- How to Stay in Work Mode During March Madness
Feeling distracted at your desk? You're not alone. Here's how to stay focused during the NCAA tournament.
- 3 Questions You Must Be Prepared to Answer in a Job Interview
How to reframe difficult questions to provide compelling, winning answers.
- Tips to Minimize Age Bias in Hiring
What you can do to improve your chances of being hired.
- 4 Things to Look for During the Job Interview
The job interview is your chance to evaluate the opportunity.
- 3 Ways Your Phone Is Hurting Your Leadership Ability
Your phone use may be damaging your business relationships.
- Are You Ready for a 'Busy Boycott'?
Sometimes, doing less can actually lead to much more in business and in life.
- The Older Job Seeker's 3-Step Makeover Plan
Appearances matter in a job search.
- Is Work Putting Your Health at Risk?
The price tag on your peace of mind and happiness is invaluable.
- The Devilish Details That Make for a Successful Job Hunt
Don't let these common errors diminish your chances of getting the job of your dreams.
- Want to Get a Job at Amazon's HQ2 ? or Anywhere Else?
A critical factor that employers are looking for ? from Amazon to Apple ? is 'agility.'
- How to Reject a Referral Request
How to strategically reject referrals without damaging networking relationships.
- How to Let Your Friends Know You're Job Hunting
Your friends hold the key to your next job.
- 5 Reasons to Ditch Your Inner Critic
An exclusive interview with executive coach Susan Peppercorn sheds light on the destructive nature of negative self-talk at work ? and what you can do about it.
- Managing the Emotional Side of Job Search
Don't let the emotional roller coaster slow your search.
- How to Determine What You're Worth
You should always know your professional going rate.
- Cover Letter Do's and Don'ts
How to effectively buttress your resume to gain job search traction.
- Success Strategies for Remote Employees
Tips to get ahead without going to the office.
- 3 Ways to Fix Your Resume
How to properly represent yourself and stand out from the crowd.
- Are You Using Bad Habits to Relieve Work Stress?
If you find yourself reaching for the M&M's too often in the office, it may be time to develop healthier coping strategies for work-related anxiety.
- Acing the Phone or Video Interview as an Older Job Seeker
Five steps for an effective digital interview.
- How to Bounce Back During the Interview Process
Job searching can have many peaks and valleys ? here's how to ride it out.
- Can You Benefit From an Executive Coach?
How coaches partner with talented leaders to attain career success.
- 4 Innovations to the Recruiting Process to Look for in 2018
If you are in the hunt for a new job, don't be caught off guard by some of these new trends.
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Team Retreat
Four easy tips to ensure your team retreat is a positive experience.
- How a Structured Day Can Help You Gain Mental Space and Sanity
Being more intentional about how you schedule your work hours can reduce stress and ultimately lead to success.
- Are You Sabotaging Your Chances for a Promotion?
Sick of being overlooked for advancement opportunities? Make sure you're not self-sabotaging.
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Reschedule Your Job Interview
Freaking out about rescheduling your interview? It's not a big deal. Really, it's not.
- How to Get a Job Without Applying for It
Learn how recruiters search for top-tier candidates.
- The Best Strategies for Writing an Effective Resume Summary
Create a unique and relevant introduction into your professional qualifications.
- Why 'The Job Interview' Is Only Part of the Story When Looking for a Job
Key steps to maximize your interview opportunities.
- Experienced Workers Sell Wisdom. Employers Buy Expected Results
Older job seekers need to prove they can contribute immediately.
- 8 Actions to Kick Off Your New Year and Career Right
A new year is here and what better time to get your career in shape?
- These 4 Leadership Styles Crush Enthusiasm at Work
How to recognize and avoid them to nurture employee growth.
- Should You Slow Down Your Workload This Year?
How to figure out when enough is enough.
- 4 Ways to Crush Your Job and Still Have a Personal Life
Get more done, without clocking overtime.
- How to Shine a Spotlight on Your Soft Skills During Your Next Job Interview
As prospective employers see if your technical abilities are a match, they're also sizing up your coveted soft skills.
- 5 Ways Your LinkedIn Feed Can Lead to a Job
Make yourself into a thought leader and find hidden opportunities.
- How to Use Your Email Signature Line to Stand Out in Your Job Search
Small changes can make the right first impression.
- Do Extroverts Get a Bad Rap at Work?
Introverts are in vogue these days ? but where does that leave extroverts?
- How to Handle a Co-Worker's Bad Behavior
Should you tell your boss? Here are a few things to consider before you do.
- 5 Ways to Uncover the Hidden Job Market
Start building your network to find opportunities that aren't posted.
- Jobs and Skills With a Bright Future
See what jobs and skills will help you stay in demand.
- 4 Key Questions for Year-End Job Seekers
Take advantage of the season to put your job search into high gear.
- How Companies Can Throw Holiday Parties Employees Actually Want to Attend
Don't make attendance mandatory, don't hold it on a boat and other tips for a better party.
- Employers: Consider This Untapped Diversity Hiring Route
Look beyond the usual diversity indicators for new growth opportunities.