Futures Brokers Information Website
- Today: Page One
- Today: Marketplace
- Today: Money & Investing
- Home U.S.
- U.S. News
- Politics & Campaign
- Journal Reports
- U.S. Business
- Asia: What's News
- Europe: What's News
- Managing in Asia
- Media & Marketing
- Markets News
- Heard on the Street
- World Markets
- Personal Finance
- Family Finance
- Loans & Credit
- Retirement Planning
- Small Business
- Small Business Financing
- Running a Business
- Using Technology
- Building Awareness
- Top Stories
- U.S. National
- U.S. Congress
- Stock Markets
- U.S. Economy
- European Economy
- Company Earnings
- Personal Finance
- Politics Op/Ed
Futures News - U.S. News - On Careers
From today, October 17, 2017
- How to Ace a Lunch Interview
It's not about the food. Really.
- Is Clutter Cramping Your Clarity at Work?
Taking steps to simplify and store your stuff can help you stay focused on the job.
- Here's the Right Way to Format Your Resume
Learn the basics of creating a resume from scratch.
- How to Be Your Own Career Coach
With the right approach, you can be your own motivator.
- How to Turn Your College Experience Into Success
What to do now to increase your chances of landing a job straight out of school.
- Getting a Job With the Help of Strong and Weak Ties
There's no such thing as a bad networking contact when it comes to job searching.
- 6 Ways to Make Your Resume Stand Out
Jazz up your resume using these pointers.
- Job Seeking Pitfalls ? 4 Signs You Are Trying Too Hard
Actions that erode trust, respect and rapport result in disqualification.
- What Can I Do Now to Achieve My Career Goals?
Think beyond your industry and act if you're seeking a future change.
- How to Answer the Dreaded Interview Question: Tell Me About Yourself
A few key points to helping you get through this tricky query.
- How to Start an Informal Mentorship
If your company doesn't have a formal mentorship program, there's no reason you can't create your own!
- How to Be Happier at Work
Ask key questions during your interview to get a sense of how you'll fit in.
- Didn't Get Hired? Don't Take It Personally
You can control a lot about how well you do in your job search ? but not everything.
- Everything You Ever Wondered About Negotiating Salary, Answered
How much should you ask for? What if they pull your offer? We've got answers to all your trickiest salary questions.
- 4 Steps to a Successful Job Application
If you meet the qualifications, how can you put your best foot forward?
- 8 Things You Should Never Do at a Job Interview
Don?t make these mistakes during your next interview.
- 5 Things to Remember When You Don't Get the Job
How to use rejection to your own advantage.
- What to Do When You Disagree With Your Boss's Feedback
Try to understand their perspective, and don't get defensive.
- Job Postings Alone Rarely Lead to Jobs
Older job seekers cannot rely only on postings to get the position they want.
- How to Review Remote Employees
When managing remote employees, schedule regular check-ins and evaluate skills that are unique to their circumstances.
- Why You Should Look for a New Job While You're Happy in Your Current One
Keeping your eyes and ears open can lead to positive results.
- Are These 3 Bad Habits Hurting Your Job Search?
Mental negativity can hold you back from securing the job opportunity you want.
- How Employers Decide Whether to Interview You
Here's what hiring managers think about when they review your job application.
- Get Hired Faster ? 3 Ways to Make It Happen
It's taking longer than ever to get hired, but there are steps you can take to speed things up.
- Are You Really Prepared to Interview?
Focus, a positive mindset and thoughtful preparation are your keys to interview success.
- 4 Ways to Handle the Boss From Hell
You do have choices for how you'll react to your supervisor.
- Stay Ahead of the Curve: Quickly Mastering New Technology at Work
How to be more efficient and productive at your job.
- How to Bargain for the Best Possible Salary
Get what you deserve when you are armed with great research.
- 4 Things Recruiters Wished You Knew About Your Resume
The job of a resume is to get you an interview, not hired.
- How to Ace Your Next Phone Interview
Employers increasingly are screening candidates by phone before in-person interviews.
- How to Network With Different Types of Connections
Understanding the nuances between communicating with a close contact versus a second-degree LinkedIn connection.
- Thanks, but No Thanks: How to Turn Down a Job Offer Set Up by a Friend
What to do when networking in your job search goes wrong.
- How Late Should You Stay Up Working?
Night owls are at higher risk for health problems and mental errors if they don?t take steps to counterbalance their tendency to work too long into the night.
- Avoid These Words on Your Resume and Get More Interviews
Make your resume easy to read so recruiters and hiring managers can focus on what matters most.
- How to Conduct an Effective Job Search
Over 80 percent of jobs come through networking. Here's how to make your job search more active.
- The Micropitch Starts a Conversation
Ditch your old elevator pitch for a shorter introduction.
- How to Handle Rejection After a Job Interview
Always be professional and pursue new open doors.
- 4 Tips for Follow-Up Job Interviews
You've passed your first-round interview. Now what?
- How to Decline an Offer Without Burning a Bridge
The business world is no place for "ghosting."
- How to Avoid Being the Annoying New Person at Your New Job
Don't get too comfortable too fast.
- Networking Is Not Just for the Young
Older job seekers need to network more than anyone.
- 15 Ways to Find and Keep Your Motivation at Work
How to produce your best work throughout the day without feeling burned out.
- How to Light a Fire Under Your Lazy Boss
What to do when the one who isn?t motivated is your superior.
- You Have More Time Than You Think at Work
An exclusive interview with time management and productivity author Laura Vanderkam sheds light on a new way of thinking about your workweek.
- Should You Let Your Boss Know You're Job Searching?
Is it a professional courtesy or a foolhardy move?
- The Step-by-Step Guide to the Perfect Interview
It's a marathon, not a sprint. Don't get tripped up.
- 3 Ways to Bridge the Skills Gap and Get the Job You Want
Employers are being forced to open their eyes to candidates who have more varied backgrounds.
- How Companies Can Manage Overseas Assignments
Offering employees and families better support can lower the rate of failed international assignments.
- 3 Ways for Job Hunters to Get Past Gatekeepers
Create a dialogue with an employer before you apply for a job.
- When Should You Consider Making a Lateral Move?
In some situations it can still be a step forward.
- 3 Managerial Tips Taken From a Kindergarten Classroom
Tactics from school can boost productivity at work, too.
- 3 Ways a Dream Board Helps Boost Your Career
If you don?t have a career dream board, here are three reasons why you should.
- 'Tell Me Your Greatest Weakness': How to Ace This Interview Question
When answered strategically, this question can have interviewers focused on your strengths rather than your shortcomings.
- The Federal Government is Taking Up Overtime Pay Again
The Department of Labor wants your input on how we should change the overtime rules.
- How to Crush Fears and Get On With Your Job Search
Control your fears, determine your strengths and get organized in order to push on with your job search.
- How Social Media Can Help and Harm Your Job Search
There is a dark side to social media but also a great opportunity to market yourself.
- 5 Red Flags to Identify During a Job Interview
Yes, they do exist.
- 4 Ways to Deal With Rejection During Your Job Search
Use each "no" to learn about yourself.
- Here?s What Your Job Interviewers Say After You Leave the Room
Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall in your interview room?
- Treat Your Age as the Advantage It Is When Job Searching
Older job seekers should sell their comparative value.
- 5 Ways to Elevate Your Social Media Game for Recruiters
Nail your online presence for the job hunt.
- How to Deal With a Slacker at Work
Stay sane and avoid the pain! Don't let a slacking co-worker drag you down.
- How to Feel Less Busy at Work
Organize your work hours to give you back time and energy for the things that matter most.
- 11 Job Search Tips for Recent Graduates
Pay attention to these important job search rules.
- What to Do About Your Job When the Writing's on the Wall
If it seems you won't be at your company for much longer, here are tips to help you decide your next move.
- Is Your Mindset Toxic at Work?
Learn how to ditch negative mental habits that are holding you back from career success.
- Everything You Want to Know About Job Rejections
Figuring out where you stand after getting a rejection letter.
- The Latest LinkedIn Tips From an Expert
Here's what you need to know about the LinkedIn mobile app and more.
- 6 Steps to Quit Your Job the Right Way
Here's what you need to do when leaving your job.
- Here's What to Do When Your Boss Doesn't Care About You
So they're just not that into you? That's OK ? find others who will be.
- Stuck in a Career Rut? Here's How to Make Your Next Move
Proactive career development can benefit you now and in the long term.
- How to Turn Your Summer Internship Into a Full-Time Job Offer
Do grunt work cheerfully, ask the right questions and other advice.
- 3 Ways Your Job Search Is Being Impacted by Silicon Valley?s HR Scandals
As a job candidate, you not only need to do your own research into potential employers ? you need to expect that employers will be doing more research into you.
- 5 Things 'Wonder Woman' Teaches Us About Work
We're no superheroes, but we can learn from one and face our insecurities at work.
- 5 Steps to Surviving a Career Mishap
Don?t let your mistake paralyze you. Take these steps to improve the situation.
- The Exact Words to Use When Negotiating Salary
If you don't ask, then you can't get the salary you deserve.
- How to Ensure Your Interns (and You) Have a Productive Summer
Don't assume interns know much about office culture, and other tips.
- How to Regain Your Boss?s Trust
When trust is broken in the workplace ? especially with your boss ? it can have devastating consequences for your career.
- 4 Simple Actions That Will Make You a Leader at Work
Leaders inspire others to be successful. How can you develop those traits?
- Make Networking Easier by Using LinkedIn
How to best use your network to open doors.
- How to Get New Hires Up to Speed
The onboarding process doesn?t have to be difficult.
- How to Make the Most of Every Job Posting
Make yourself a reflection of the employer's priorities.
- 6 Things Employees Should Know About the Family and Medical Leave Act
Don?t wait for a family health crisis to understand the FMLA.
- How to Prepare for 5 Key Interview Questions
These questions are so common you'd be foolish not to anticipate them.
- How to Bolster Your Remote Work Culture
If you think remote workers aren't working for you, think again.
- 9 Ways to Work Smarter, Not Harder
Look for ways you can eliminate working overtime.
- 7 Mistakes of Cover Letter Writing
Get it right the first time.
- 5 Expert Tips for Interview Success
While it is important to be qualified, it is even more important to create the right impression.
- How to Write a Great Cover Letter
If you're like most job seekers, you're probably doing it wrong.
- The Modern Guide to Parental Leave
What to expect when you're expecting.
- How to Write a Resignation Letter
Heading out the door? Writing a professional resignation letter will help you with a future job.
- 4 People You Need in Your Professional Life
You?re limiting your opportunities by not seeking help or advice from these people.
- How to Talk About Your Previous Job in an Interview
It is common to be asked about your previous position. How can you respond if you had a negative experience?
- How to Answer 'Why Do You Want to Work Here?' in Interviews
Rehearse an intelligent, thoughtful answer to this classic interview query.
- How Short Breaks and Quiet Time Can Fuel Creativity at Work
To get more innovative, step away from the noise and take a timeout.
- 5 Interview Lines That Make Job Interviewers Cringe
Don't ask how to get your interviewer's job, and other eye-roll inducers.
- 6 Tips for Friends and Family in Support of a Veteran?s Job Search
The most successful job seekers get solid support from those closest to them.
- A Mid-Year Checklist for How to Always Be Ready for a Great New Job
Here are five ways to ensure you?re prepared to make the most of a new opportunity.
- Is Continuing Education Right for My Career?
Knowing when to start and what path to take can be a challenge.
- Why Your Networking Isn't Working
Here are nine ways you are networking all wrong.