Futures Brokers Information Website
- Today: Page One
- Today: Marketplace
- Today: Money & Investing
- Home U.S.
- U.S. News
- Politics & Campaign
- Journal Reports
- U.S. Business
- Asia: What's News
- Europe: What's News
- Managing in Asia
- Media & Marketing
- Markets News
- Heard on the Street
- World Markets
- Personal Finance
- Family Finance
- Loans & Credit
- Retirement Planning
- Small Business
- Small Business Financing
- Running a Business
- Using Technology
- Building Awareness
- Top Stories
- U.S. National
- U.S. Congress
- Stock Markets
- U.S. Economy
- European Economy
- Company Earnings
- Personal Finance
- Politics Op/Ed
Futures News - U.S. News - Planning to Retire
From today, October 17, 2017
- Hurricane Harvey Victims Eligible for Emergency Retirement Withdrawals
Here?s how your 401(k), IRA and Social Security can help you pay for storm-related costs.
- Should You Use Your Retirement Savings to Start a Business?
If you?re going to try, here are some ideas on how to do it safely.
- 5 Rules of Early Retirement
If you?re going to pull this off, it?s going to take some planning and preparation.
- 8 Reasons to Work in Retirement
Money is only part of the appeal of continuing to work during your 60s and 70s.
- 5 Reasons to Make a Last-Minute IRA Contribution
There?s still time to reduce your 2016 tax bill by saving in an IRA.
- 3 Little-Known Retirement Savings Tax Breaks
Most people don?t know about these tax perks for retirement savers.
- 12 Free Preventive Services Medicare Provides
Take advantage of these screening tests and preventive care.
- Medicare Premiums Increase for Some Retirees
Specific groups of retirees will have to pay higher premiums in 2017.
- 7 Medicare Part D Costs to Prepare For
Here?s how to find a lower cost Medicare prescription drug plan.
- 5 New 401(k) and IRA Rules for 2017
Investors with slightly higher incomes will quality for retirement savings tax breaks next year.
- 6 Social Security Changes Coming in 2017
The typical Social Security check will increase by $5 per month next year.
- 5 Reasons to Switch to a New Medicare Advantage Plan
Many retirees are eligible for a higher rated Medicare Advantage plan that costs less.
- 9 Things to Consider Before Signing Up for Social Security
Some retirees make benefit decisions without adequate information about their claiming options.
- 3 Valuable Incentives to Save for Retirement
Try these strategies to help your nest egg grow faster.
- 7 Things You Need to Know About State-Run IRAs
The Labor Department issued new rules about automatically enrolling workers in retirement accounts.
- How Employers Nudge Workers to Save More for Retirement
Many companies are automatically enrolling workers in a 401(k) plan at a higher savings rate.
- Why 401(k) Plans are a Source of Financial Stress
Many workers feel uncomfortable about their ability to make saving and investment decisions.
- Most Millennials Don?t Expect to Become Millionaires
Here?s why young people are having a difficult time building wealth for the future.
- How Employers Perceive Older Workers
You might need to overcome these stereotypes to hold on to your job after age 50.
- Why You Might Not Be Able to Delay Retirement
Many workers don?t get to choose when they retire.
- Fewer Families Use Retirement Accounts to Pay for College
An early retirement account withdrawal often triggers taxes and penalties.
- The Most Popular Ages to Retire
Planning to retire at age 70 is nearly as common as retirement at age 65.
- 12 Cities Where Most Workers Don?t Have a 401(k)
Fewer than half of employees receive retirement benefits in these metro areas.
- 6 Ways Roth 401(k)s Differ From Roth IRAs
Make sure you understand the rules before deciding which type of Roth account is best for you.
- Study: Delaying Retirement Might Help You Live Longer
New research found that working an extra year after age 65 could reduce your risk of dying.
- Fewer People Feel Satisfied in Retirement
Here?s why retirement happiness has been declining in recent years.
- 10 Ways to Avoid Fees on Your Social Security Debit Card
The new Direct Express Mobile App makes it easier to check your balance and find in-network ATMs.
- What Millennials Will Get From Social Security
Here?s what Social Security provides to young people.
- 6 Ways to Fix Social Security?s Finances
Here?s how a tax increase or benefit cut would impact your retirement.
- The New Retirement Account Fiduciary Standard
Here are five things you need to know about the new retirement account rules.
- How Job Changers Manage Their 401(k) Plans
Take these steps to avoid 401(k) fees and penalties when starting a new job.
- A Guide to Getting a Pension
Here?s how to find a job that will provide for you in retirement.
- 5 Websites Every Retiree Needs to Visit
Most of the retirement planning information you need is now online.
- 7 Ways Your Expenses Will Change in Retirement
Transportation and clothing costs decline, but watch out for new health care costs.
- Fewer Retirees are Living Alone
Men are living longer, so women are less likely to become widows.
- 5 Baby Boomer Retirement Trends
Baby boomers are expected to retire later and live longer than previous generations.
- 5 Ways Obama Wants to Change Retirement Accounts
President Obama will propose new 401(k) and IRA rules in his 2017 budget.
- How to Finance Living Until 100
Several decades of retirement isn?t easy to pay for.
- 10 States Where Most People Don?t Get Retirement Benefits
Only about half of American employees participate in a workplace retirement plan.
- How to Avoid Taxes on IRA Withdrawals
You won?t owe income tax on your required minimum distributions if you donate them to charity.
- How to Meet the 2015 IRA Contribution Deadline
Residents of two states get an extra day to make tax-year 2015 IRA deposits.
- How Much You Get if Your Pension Plan Fails
You probably won?t lose your pension payments if your former employer goes bankrupt.
- The 5 Most Expensive Medications Medicare Covers
Watch out for the high costs of these recently approved drugs.
- Some Retirees Pay Higher Medicare Premiums in 2016
Specific groups of retirees will be charged more expensive Medicare Part B premiums than everyone else.
- How the Budget Deal Changes Social Security
Married retirees will no longer be able to use two Social Security claiming strategies.
- 5 Reasons to Open a MyRA
The money you deposit in this retirement account is guaranteed never to decline in value.
- How to Tell if You Have a Good 401(k) Match
It can be difficult for short-term employees to qualify for a 401(k) match.
- Medicare Part D Changes Coming in 2016
Premiums will increase for most prescription drug plan beneficiaries next year.
- 7 Ways Social Security Will Change in 2016
Social Security beneficiaries won?t get a raise, but Medicare premiums will increase for some people.
- How Medicare Part D Has Changed in 10 Years
Retirees now have fewer options and more pharmacy restrictions.
- What Older Workers Don?t Know About Social Security
Many people close to retirement lack Social Security knowledge that could boost their payments.
- How to Find a Lost Pension Plan
Try these strategies to locate forgotten retirement benefits you are eligible for.
- 6 Reasons You Were Automatically Enrolled in a Target-Date Fund
Target-date funds are the most popular default 401(k) investment.
- How Non-Working Spouses Can Prepare for Retirement
Take advantage of these retirement benefits for one-income families.
- Fewer People Pay IRA Early Withdrawal Penalty
This tax penalty is avoidable with careful planning.
- What Smart Investors Know That You Don?t
Here?s how financially savvy investors make their wealth grow faster.
- 5 Things You Should Know About Social Security
Social Security isn?t just for retirees, and provides valuable insurance to workers of all ages.
- 5 Ways Medicare Has Changed in 50 Years
Medicare had added prescription drugs and preventative care to its covered services.
- 5 Facts About Social Security?s Finances
Disability payments may soon be cut without congressional action.
- How to Take Advantage of 401(k) Catch-Up Contributions
There?s a special tax perk for retirement savers over 50, but most people can?t afford to use it.
- 10 Ways Retirees Spend Their Newfound Free Time
Here is how the flow of your day changes in retirement.
- Why Poorly Performing Funds Remain in 401(k) Plans
Here?s how to cope with bad investment options in your 401(k) plan.
- How to Support Aging Relatives
Most people help aging parents with housework and errands, rather than providing financial assistance.
- 5 Ways to Transition Into Retirement
Some retirees are choosing part-time jobs or self-employment instead of full-time retirement.
- 5 Surprising Facts About IRAs
See how your IRA savings compares to the national averages.
- How to Pick the Optimal Retirement Age
Retirement at 65 is popular, but there are reasons to select a different age.
- How to Find a Job With Good Retirement Benefits
A pension or company 401(k) contributions make it easier to prepare for retirement.
- 10 Ways to Fund Your Retirement
Here?s how to diversify your sources of retirement income.
- How to Feel More Confident About Retirement
People who do these things are less anxious about their retirement finances.
- How to Save Your Tax Refund for Retirement
Your tax refund can be used to give your retirement savings a boost.
- 10 Strategies to Save for Retirement on a Low Income
You don't need a large salary to begin building a nest egg for retirement.
- 3 Important Ways to Protect Your Retirement Savings
Don?t let excessive fees and inappropriate advice erode your nest egg.
- 3 Questions That Predict Your Financial Future
Most Americans can?t correctly answer these basic financial literacy questions.
- 3 Ways Money Leaks Out of Your 401(k)
Workers who take early 401(k) withdrawals are typically worse off in retirement.
- What Employers Look for in Older Workers
Here are the skills and abilities companies want for their experienced employees.
- How to Avoid Being Forced Out of Your 401(k)
Workers with small 401(k) balances can be automatically enrolled in IRAs with high fees when they change jobs.
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Retirement Prospects in 2015
These smart financial moves will boost your retirement finances.
- 401(k) Tips for Job Hoppers
Watch out for these 401(k) gotchas when changing jobs.
- 5 Ways Your Home Can Help Fund Retirement
Home equity can be tapped for retirement costs, but could also trigger fees and expenses.
- 5 Potential Social Security Fixes
These Social Security changes would correct the funding shortfall.
- How to Supersize Your IRA Balance
A small group of investors have accumulated millions in their IRAs.
- 5 Social Security Changes Coming in 2015
Retirees will get bigger checks next year, and some workers will receive benefit statements.
- More Seniors Carry Student Loan Debt into Retirement
Tax refunds and Social Security payments can be withheld from retirees who fail to pay off education loans.
- 6 Alternatives to Traditional Retirement
Workers are increasingly pursuing creative retirement solutions.
- Pitfalls of Managed 401(k) Accounts
Some managed account participants pay high fees for services they don?t even use.
- 5 Things to Know About the Social Security Trust Fund
The program is solvent though 2033, and a tax increase or benefit cut will fix future shortfalls.
- Sizing Up Your 401(k) Match
Here?s how to tell if your employer?s 401(k) contributions are competitive.
- Social Security Tips for Same-Sex Couples
Same-sex spouses are now eligible for Social Security retirement and survivor's payments.
- 7 States That Are Getting Younger
While the rest of the country is aging, the median age is declining in these states.
- Favorite Leisure Activities of Retirees
Here?s how retirees are spending their newfound free time.
- 4 401(k) Options When You Change Jobs
How to decide whether to take or leave a 401(k) account with a former employer.
- The Perils of Retirement at Age 65
Your age plays a big role in which retirement benefits you qualify for.
- The Most Popular National Parks for Retirees
Here?s where retirees are buying senior passes that grant them lifetime free admission to national parks.
- The Top 10 Sources of Retirement Income
Workers expect to pay for retirement differently than current retirees.
- Social Security to Resume Mailing Paper Statements
Workers will now receive personalized Social Security benefit statements every five years.
- Obama Creates New Retirement Account: MyRA
This Roth IRA will be guaranteed by the government to never decline in value.
- What Happens When Your Pension Fails
If your employer goes bankrupt in 2014, here?s what will happen to your pension payments.
- How Social Security Will Change in 2014
Retirees will get slightly bigger checks, and some workers will pay higher taxes.
- Half of Workers Lack Retirement Benefits
Saving for retirement is more difficult when you don?t have a retirement plan at work.
- The Tax Break You?re Missing Out On
Over half of retirement savers fail to max out their IRA.