Futures Brokers Information Website
- Today: Page One
- Today: Marketplace
- Today: Money & Investing
- Home U.S.
- U.S. News
- Politics & Campaign
- Journal Reports
- U.S. Business
- Asia: What's News
- Europe: What's News
- Managing in Asia
- Media & Marketing
- Markets News
- Heard on the Street
- World Markets
- Personal Finance
- Family Finance
- Loans & Credit
- Retirement Planning
- Small Business
- Small Business Financing
- Running a Business
- Using Technology
- Building Awareness
- Top Stories
- U.S. National
- U.S. Congress
- Stock Markets
- U.S. Economy
- European Economy
- Company Earnings
- Personal Finance
- Politics Op/Ed
Futures News - U.S. News - Money
From today, August 22, 2019
- How to Save Money When You Move
Relocation can be costly, so be sure to plan ahead.
- Retirement Isn?t the Finish Line
You?re likely to encounter opportunities and challenges during this new phase of life.
- How to Create Your Own ?Body of Work?
Figuring out your own story can improve your financial well-being.
- Advice for 20-Somethings: Start Saving For Retirement Now
If you think 401(k) is the name of a new indie band, it?s time to have a serious talk about retirement.
- Obama Creates New Retirement Account: MyRA
This Roth IRA will be guaranteed by the government to never decline in value.
- How to Set Your Retirement Goals
Write a job description for your investments.
- The Awesome Benefits of Retirement Accounts
The tax breaks traditional 401(k)s and IRAs offer could help you to retire sooner.
- How to Respond to Employer Requests for Your Salary History
What to do if you field this uncomfortable question during a job interview.
- 7 Ways to Stay Healthy on a Budget
Make your diet and fitness a priority without overextending your budget.
- The 4 Legs of a Retirement Easy Chair
These four ingredients are essential to retirement happiness, and only one of them is money.
- 9 Secrets of Successful Entrepreneurs
These strategies can mean the difference between success and failure.
- What Wall Street Doesn?t Want Investors to Know
Investors should look at costs above all else.
- 10 Dos and Don'ts When Launching a Business
The most common successful strategies, and mistakes, that entrepreneurs make.
- Do You Qualify for Free Tax Help?
Here?s how low- and moderate-income taxpayers can get free tax-preparation assistance.
- 11 Tips for Overseas Renovation Projects
Buying a fixer-upper in another country can be a long and costly process.
- 3 Ways to Shoot Yourself in the Foot at a Job Interview
Three surefire ways to never hear from the hiring manager again.
- Tactics for Negotiating a Better Cellphone Contract
Before signing that two-year contract, follow these strategies to get the best deal.
- How to Bounce Back From a Negative Performance Review
A negative review isn't the be all and end all of your value as an employee.
- The Best Way to Leave an Inheritance
Retirees are considering new ways to leave money to heirs.
- Should You Rent or Sell Your Home?
The decision is about more than just the money.
- Video: Discover Your Inner Entrepreneur
Tips to launch your own side business
- 9 Easy Steps for a Complete Money Makeover
If you want to start over this year, here's a game plan.
- How Seniors Are Paying for Retirement
Part-time work is the fastest-growing source of retirement income.
- What to Expect From Alternative Investments
Investors should have realistic expectations about alternative investments.
- 5 Insurance-Buying Mistakes to Avoid
Whether you?re insuring your house, car or yourself, never shop based on price alone.
- How to Handle Colds and Flu at Work
Things to consider when you're sick but don't want to miss work.
- Micromanaging vs. Autopiloting Your Money
How your money management strategy today affects your cash flow tomorrow.
- 9 Must-Follow Twitter Hashtags for Job Seekers
Hashtags are one of the easiest resources for finding job openings.
- How Lenders Use Your Hidden Credit Score
More lenders are using big data to judge if they should extend credit to you.
- Don?t Count Out Aging Workers
Smart employers will encourage older workers to share their skills with newer hires.
- 5 Things to Do If You Receive a Windfall
Getting rich can be easy compared with staying rich.
- Which IRA Is Best for You: Roth or Traditional?
Find out which IRA suits your retirement planning.
- Why You Should Try Out a Home Before You Buy It
Test-driving a house can help you gather important intel about its feasibility, neighbors and more.
- Should You Consolidate Your Student Loan Debt?
If keeping track of several student loans is giving you a headache, consolidation might cure it.
- 5 Ways to Get a Bigger Refund This Year
Reducing your tax burden doesn?t have to be complicated with these strategies.
- How to Prepare to Do Your Taxes
Get your paperwork ready, because the IRS begins accepting tax returns Jan. 31.
- Attend the Super Bowl Last Minute and Not Pay a Fortune
Super Bowl XLVIII tickets are averaging $4,300, but you can still make it to the game for much less.
- How to Squash 5 Retirement Fears
If you have retirement fears, figure out which ones are truly justified.
- How to Fund Your 401(k) and Still Have Spending Money
A few lifestyle adjustments could help free up the extra cash.
- 3 Simple Strategies for Better Time Management
Saving money is fine, but save time, and you may also save your health and sanity.
- How to Map Your Career Path
Planning the next step to making it toward your career goal.
- Take Your Retirement Plan to the Next Level
Take your retirement investments off autopilot, and customize them to your needs.
- Retirement Saving Options for Entrepreneurs
Defer taxes on your savings using these retirement accounts for the self-employed.
- In Financial Planning, Couples Should Work Together
Men and women need to step into each other?s shoes when making a financial plan
- 5 Strategies to Save More Money
Want to save more? It helps to have a motivating goal ? like a Caribbean vacation ? in mind.
- The Best Jobs of 2014
For the first time, our No. 1 job overall isn?t from the health care industry, it?s a tech job.
- About the U.S. News Best Jobs Ranking Methodology
An insider?s look at our process for selecting and ranking the best jobs of the year.
- How to Start a Microbusiness
A U.S. News Money Twitter chat explores the best way to launch a new side business.
- How Should Employers Handle Snow Days?
Snow days may equal less vacation days, depending on your company policy.
- 5 Ways to Navigate the Index Fund Maze
With so many index funds to chose from, you need to sort out the best.
- Tips From the Hiring Side of the Office
Get some insight on the job search from a recruiting manager.
- 4 Parts of a Productive Job Search
Make your search more productive by applying these strategies.
- Is Rent-to-Own or Contract-for-Deed Right for You?
Mortgage alternatives have potential benefits and complications, so be sure to read the fine print.
- An Action Plan for Aspiring Early Retirees
Here?s how to quit your job decades before your peers.
- 4 Outrageous Scams Consumers Fall For
You?re not paranoid. There are really people out there who want to get you.
- 5 Ways to Save on Your 2013 Tax Return
Reducing your tax burden doesn?t have to be complicated with these strategies.
- How to Recession-Proof Your Life
A side business can help protect you from a potential layoff, or at least provide temporary income.
- 11 Frugal Beauty Secrets Every Woman Must Know
Some of the best all-natural beauty products are dirt cheap.
- How to Overcome Shopping Addiction
If you?re trying to spend less in 2014, try these strategies.
- 3 Reasons to Do Your Taxes as Soon as Possible
There are some incentives for filing your taxes earlier than later.
- How to Paint Pictures with Your Bio and Résumé
Be the picasso of your job hunt with these tips.
- 6 Career Missteps to Avoid in 2014
Don't derail your career with these mistakes.
- How Moving Overseas Cuts Retirement Costs
Significantly lower housing and transportation costs will give you more money to spend on luxuries.
- The Kiss of Financial Security
This Valentine?s Day, try this romantic method to shore up your retirement finances.
- 7 Reasons Not to Move in Retirement
If you?re happy with where you live, there?s no reason to relocate in retirement.
- 6 Critical Changes to Note When Filing Your 2013 Taxes
Wealthy taxpayers will see the most changes in the tax code.
- Lower Your Bills By Threatening to Cancel Service
Try this cost-saving strategy with any service. The worst they could say is no.
- How Much the Health Insurance Penalty Will Cost You
If you opt to not buy coverage, here?s what you can expect to pay in fines.
- 8 Errors You're Most Likely to Make on Your Tax Return
If you?re going to trip up somewhere, here?s where it?s probably going to happen.
- 7 Steps to Deliver Your Best Elevator Pitch
Craft a pitch that continues the conversation after you step off the elevator.
- 4 Ways to Avoid Being Crushed by Student Loan Debt
Student loan payments don't have to drain your bank account.
- 6 Car-Buying Mistakes to Avoid
In the market for a new or used car this year? Experts reveal six rookie mistakes to avoid.
- 3 Helpful Tips to Fight Aging
Try these strategies to avoid injuries and improve memory.
- Assessing Risk: Are You an Investor or a Gambler?
If you want to make a profit, don?t be a gambler.
- The Case for Living On Half Your Income
With a little willpower, it?s possible to save half of what you make.
- U.S. News Twitter Chat: Microbusiness
Join us to discuss a new way of earning money on the side.
- 6 Factors to Consider When Choosing a Target-Date Fund
Target-date funds can be a wise investment if you know what to look for.
- How to Monitor Your Pension's Health
Pension tension in Detroit has made pensioners wary.
- 7 Easy Steps to Pay Off Debt
The road to a debt-free life doesn?t have to be long ? or painful.
- 7 Foods to Buy When You're Broke
If you?re confined to a strict food budget, you should consider green vegetables, brown rice or beans.
- How to Reduce Your Heating Bills This Winter
Grab a coat, warm up by the fire and take a look at these wallet-friendly heating strategies.
- 7 Things You Need to Know About Costco
Whether you?re a member or not, here?s what you should keep in mind.
- Writing a Cover Letter That Will Get Noticed
Five steps for writing and submitting a showstopper cover letter.
- How Patience and Persistence Lead to Success
In a world of instant gratification, patience and persistence may be keys to success.
- Your Unemployment Benefits Are Up. Now What?
With Congress still debating, here?s what the unemployed can do in anticipation of the worst.
- 5 Things the Investment Industry Should Do
The investment industry could simplify terms for investors.
- How (and Why) to Launch Your Own Side Business
Reasons you should consider starting a business on top of your full-time job.
- The Best Jobs of 2014 Preview: Health Care and Technology Jobs
Visit U.S. News Careers on Jan. 23 for the full list of the best jobs this year.
- 10 Career Lessons Taken From the Top Headlines of 2013
What can you learn from last year's news to improve your career prospects?
- 5 Reasons to Embrace Your Inner Entrepreneur
Why now is the ideal time to launch your own online business
- Getting a Job When You Don't Have the Exact Qualifications
You're not perfectly qualified for the position, but you might still stand a chance.
- Don't Make These 8 Mistakes When Negotiating Salary
These blunders could prevent you from earning the salary you're worth.
- Details Often Omitted From Retirement Plans
Remember to account for taxes and inflation in your retirement projections.
- Workouts You Can Do at Home to Avoid Gym Fees
Don?t waste money on gym memberships. Try these exercises that work even in the tiniest apartments.
- 7 Warning Signs Your Finances Are Out of Order
If you?re missing bills payments and not saving, it?s time for a financial check-up.
- Is Your Impatience Costing You?
Research suggests people who are willing to delay gratification might benefit financially.
- How to Answer: "What Have You Been Doing While Unemployed?"
A plan for making yourself as marketable as possible, despite a period of unemployment.
- 5 Ways to Make Good Money Choices All Day Long
Tips for making the right financial decisions from the moment your alarm goes off.
- How to Get Your Insurance Claim Paid
Filing an insurance claim can be confusing and overwhelming. Here?s how to navigate the process.
- Why You Should Buy That Morning Latte
If that $3 daily coffee really makes you happy, go ahead. Order it.
- 4 Excuses You Make to Avoid 401(k) Investing
Stop making excuses and start making an investing plan.
- Video: The Secret to Financial Security
In this economy, everyone needs more than one source of income
- 5 Ways to Make Job Hunting Easier on You
Tips to make the job hunt easier to handle.
- Tips for Claiming the Retirement Saver's Credit
Here?s how to get a 401(k) or IRA match from the federal government.
- Should You Try Pay-As-You-Drive Insurance?
There are good arguments for ? and against ? usage-based insurance.
- Would You Give Up Cable TV to Retire Early?
Eliminating this single cost could fund your retirement.
- How to Protect Your Home From Burglars
Keep your home safe from thieves with these eight tactics.
- It's Not Too Late to Contribute to Your 2013 IRA
Contributions for several types of retirement accounts can be made up until April 15.
- When You Should Take Social Security
Most 55-to-64-year-olds will rely on it when they retire.
- Retire at Your Own Risk
There?s no guarantee that your retirement finances or lifestyle will fulfill your expectations.
- What to Do When You Can't Afford a Home Repair
A look at loans, grants and refinance options that may be available to you.
- 25 Annual Expenses to Budget For Now
Don?t let yearly fees sneak up on you and throw your budget out of whack.
- 5 Ways to Meet Your Financial Goals in 2014
Establish an emergency fund and take advantage of tax benefits.
- Should You Go on a Financial Fast?
Cutting nonessential spending is a challenge many Americans will tackle in the new year.
- How to Save More for Retirement in 2014
This common New Year?s resolution is relatively easy to stick to.
- How to Find the Best Parts of the Sharing Economy
From apartments to bikes to parking spots, take advantage of all the opportunities to share.
- 5 Reasons You Don't Trust Your Boss
A recent survey found more than a third of employees trust their managers less than in previous years.
- 3 Lessons Comedians Can Teach You About Your Career
You could learn a lot about building a successful career from a comedian.
- 3 Big Secrets You Should Tell Your Financial Advisor
Seasoned advisors have seen it all, so don?t sidestep the grimier details of your financial life.
- Should You Focus on Saving Money or Paying Off Debt in 2014?
A recent survey found these were the top financial resolutions this year.
- Hide the Credit Cards: Tips to Recover From Holiday Spending
The holly jolly might end in January when your credit card bills arrive.
- 5 Investing Tips to Improve Your Returns
Don?t let a frothy stock market nurture bad investing habits.
- How to Maximize Your Social Security Benefit
If you claim too soon, you risk forfeiting money.
- How to Attract Hiring Managers to You
Do you know the best practices for doing an online job search?
- Why You Should Plan Your Retirement Schedule
Before you retire, map out how you will spend your days.
- 8 Ways the Economy is Still Affecting the Job Market
In the midst of recovery, job seekers continue to weather a harsh market.
- Where to Sell Your Old Phone For Top Dollar
Why stick your old iPhone in a drawer when you can trade it in for cash?
- Tips for Making 2014 the Best Year of Your Career
Approach this time of year with plans to reboot your career.
- Are Apps Helping or Hurting Your Finances?
Smartphones make it easier than ever to shop or interact with friends, but there?s also a downside.
- 6 Steps to Rework Your Budget for the New Year
Want to save more? Break spending habits? You can with these budget changes.
- How to Cure Your Post-Holiday Financial Hangover
If you overspent by a little ? or a lot ? here are ways to deal with the damage.
- Financial Advice for Modern-Day Cinderellas
Kathleen Grace?s new fictional tale contains money pointers for women
- The Challenge of Investing After an Abnormal Year
Rebalance your portfolio and re-evaluate past decisions after market highs.
- How to Retire Overseas Without Losing Touch
It?s easier and cheaper than ever for retirees abroad to communicate with folks back home.
- 8 Lessons We Learned in 2013 About Our Health
These recent studies offer clues about how to live a healthier life in 2014.
- The Benefits of Joining a Credit Union
Credit unions tend to have lower fees and pay higher rates.
- Top 10 Workplace Trends for 2014
A sneak peek into FORTUNE Magazine's 100 Best Places to Work for 2014.
- 5 Common Job Search Misconceptions
When you keep these illusions in mind you may demystify strategies your job search.
- 5 Simple Ways to Make Any Financial Goal Easier to Achieve
Want to be debt-free? Retire early? Build your dream home? Just follow these steps.
- The Secret to Investing Safely: Time
If you want to invest safely, invest small amounts evenly over time.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Investors
These simple strategies will lead to big returns over time.
- Career- and Workplace-Related Trends and Predictions for 2014 and Beyond
Nine additional predictions on how the U.S. workforce might change this year.
- How to Protect Your Credit Card From a Data Breach
You never know when or where hackers will strike, so follow these fraud prevention tips.
- New Year's Resolutions for Upcoming Graduates
College students should make some resolutions that will truly impact their futures.
- How to Max Out Your Retirement Accounts in 2014
Use these strategies to make optimum use of your 401(k) and IRA.
- 4 Ways to Meet Your Retirement Goals in 2014
You can meet your New Year?s retirement resolutions by following these steps.
- How to Dress for Winter on a Budget
When the temperatures drop, you?ll want to bundle up with these money-saving tips.
- The Best Online Tools for Your Housing Search
A look at the most useful features of the four largest online real estate services.
- Ready or Not, Here Comes Retirement
Health problems and layoffs push many people into retirement ahead of schedule.
- 7 Things Tax Preparers Wish We Would Do
Advice from the professionals for a smooth and painless tax filing.
- Are Your Money Resolutions SMART?
This mnemonic can help you achieve your financial goals this year.
- 3 Things to Do Before Investing in the Stock Market
These simple steps will lead you on a path to investment success.
- The Curse of the Morningstar Top Fund Manager
Is there a losing trend for Morningstar?s top managers?
- Create Better Money Habits in 2014
Research suggests that rewarding yourself for progress can make change easier
- 5 Reasons to File Your Taxes Early
Advantages to filing early include receiving your refund faster and avoiding fraud.
- How One Family Paid Off $118,000 in Debt
One success story contains strategies for the three-quarters of Americans with debt.
- Résumé Writing Tips for the New Year
In 2014, give yourself the gift of a great résumé.
- Retirement Saving Strategies for Business Owners
Why business owners need to think about retirement savings differently.
- 4 Things Credit Card Newbies Should Do to Establish Good Credit
If you?re a first time credit card holder, follow these tips to build a solid credit history.
- Moves Guaranteed to Help You Retire Sooner
These strategies will grow your nest egg, no matter what happens with the stock market or inflation.
- 5 Budgeting Tips to Make Your Move Affordable
Moving trucks and packing supplies can drain your budget. Here?s how to save on those costs.
- 5 New Year?s Resolutions for New Retirees
Take a step back and plan your retirement future.
- 4 New Career-Related Predictions for 2014 and Beyond
What can we expect for the job market and workplace in the months ahead?
- The World?s 8 Best Places to Retire in 2014
Retirement will be a grand adventure in these exotic overseas cities.
- The Downside of Early Retirement
Early retirement has many drawbacks, even if you can afford it.
- 7 Ways to Be Better at Your Job in 2014
How to ramp up your job performance in the new year and meet your career goals.
- 8 Job Hunting Tips for the New Year
This is a good time to assess your job search.
- 6 Things That Will Cost More in 2014
Expect prices to rise on a handful of key items, including chocolate, satellite TV and cars.
- Why Paying Off Credit Cards Is the Best Financial Return On Your Money
Accumulating credit card debt is a huge mistake, but paying it off can be a good investment.