Futures Brokers Information Website
- Today: Page One
- Today: Marketplace
- Today: Money & Investing
- Home U.S.
- U.S. News
- Politics & Campaign
- Journal Reports
- U.S. Business
- Asia: What's News
- Europe: What's News
- Managing in Asia
- Media & Marketing
- Markets News
- Heard on the Street
- World Markets
- Personal Finance
- Family Finance
- Loans & Credit
- Retirement Planning
- Small Business
- Small Business Financing
- Running a Business
- Using Technology
- Building Awareness
- Top Stories
- U.S. National
- U.S. Congress
- Stock Markets
- U.S. Economy
- European Economy
- Company Earnings
- Personal Finance
- Politics Op/Ed
Futures News - U.S. News - On Careers
From today, July 30, 2021
- Online Personality Tests to Take Now
Learning about your personality is important when thinking about your ideal career or a new career move.
- What Does PTO Mean?
Instead of having set vacation and sick days, some newer PTO models let you decide how to use your time.
- How to Tell Your Boss You Got Another Job Offer
A step-by-step guide to telling your boss that another employer wants you to work for them.
- What Is the Gig Economy?
For the growing number of people engaging in the gig economy, the positives may outweigh the negatives.
- How to Write a Professional Bio
Follow these guidelines and examples for a professional bio that stands out to hiring managers.
- How to Fight Working-From-Home Fatigue
Remote work can lead to physical and mental fatigue, but you can take these steps to combat it.
- 10 Free Online Certification Courses to Advance Your Career
These courses provide valuable training and professional certifications that can boost job opportunities.
- 15 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
Steer clear of these resume writing mistakes to increase your chances of getting that interview.
- Tips for Job Interviews via Zoom
Virtual interviews are here to stay. Follow these tips for success.
- Pros and Cons of Working From Home
Be aware of the benefits and drawbacks of working from home when considering your ideal work environment.
- Resume Objective Statement Tips and Examples
Use these tips to stand out from the crowd and land the job.
- Job Outlook for Recent College Graduates
The job market for the class of 2021 looks much better than for last year?s college grads ? especially in these specific industries.
- Best Job Search Sites
Start your job search using these best job finding websites.
- What Is a Job Title?
A job title shows a person's function or seniority in a company, but it doesn't paint a full picture of a worker's value.
- Why Is It Taking So Long to Hear Back After an Interview?
Job seekers may find themselves ghosted or ?breadcrumbed? in today?s competitive job market. Here's why and what to do about it.
- How to Write a Professional Thank-You Email After an Interview
A thank-you email after an interview demonstrates your interest and communication skills.
- How to Answer 'Why Do You Want to Work Here?'
Learn how you should and shouldn't answer this question to nail your interview.
- How to Change Careers
Follow these steps for a successful career change.
- How to Professionally Handle an Uncomfortable Situation in the Workplace
Consider these tips on how to deal with an uncomfortable or unprofessional situation at work.
- How to Write a Goodbye Email to Co-Workers
If you're leaving a job, you can strengthen professional relationships with your co-workers by crafting a goodbye email.
- What Employees Should Know About the Family and Medical Leave Act
Don't wait for a family health crisis to understand FMLA guidelines.
- Tips for a Career Change Resume
Making a career transition means updating your resume. Here are eight tips to craft your career change resume.
- How to Write an Elevator Pitch
The need for a professional elevator pitch has never been greater. Learn how to write an impactful one with these examples.
- How to Respond to an Email Introduction
Someone in your network connected you with someone new. Here's how to reply to an introduction email.
- How to Write a First Job Resume for Teens
Even with no work experience, teens can still make an effective resume. See a sample teen resume.
- Must-Have Communication Skills for your Resume
Communication skills are especially critical in a virtual work environment.
- How to Ask for a Raise
Practice these five key steps before asking for a raise to improve your chances of a favorable outcome.
- When and How to List Volunteer Work on a Resume
Your volunteer work can show employers you're actively using your skills or adopting new ones.
- The Exact Words to Use When Negotiating Salary in a Job Offer
If you don't ask, then you can't get the salary you deserve. Here's exactly what to say when negotiating during a job offer.
- How to Master Behavioral and Situational Interview Questions
Put your best foot forward at a job interview by learning how to answer these kinds of questions.
- Types of Work Burnout and How to Combat It
Recognize some key signs of work burnout to find a path back to balance.
- Job Search Strategies After a Career Pause or Job Loss
Pandemic-related job losses are hitting women especially hard. Here are strategies to approach the job search.
- Best Skills to List on Your Resume
Here are some in-demand skills and abilities to include on your resume.
- How to Showcase Your Skills to Land a Job
Your skills and potential ? rather than a degree or specific background ? may get you the job you want.
- A Guide to Workers? Compensation
Workers? comp can help you collect lost wages and medical benefits in the event of an on-the-job injury or illness.
- Exempt vs. Nonexempt Employees
It?s important to know whether a job is classified as exempt or nonexempt; it determines your eligibility to receive overtime pay.
- How to Create a Professional Website
Create a website to add dimension to your professional qualifications, show your personal brand and boost your online presence.
- What to Know About Providing References
If you're on the job hunt, make sure your list of references is in good shape.
- Sites to Find Work-From-Home Jobs
Stay away from scams and bogus job listing sites. Here's how to find work-from-home jobs.
- How to Build Your Personal Brand
Having a personal brand statement can help you and others better understand the value you bring to a job.
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job
Don't know where to begin with the job hunt? Follow these tips for better job search results on LinkedIn.
- A Guide to Virtual Company Holiday Parties
Boost company morale with these ideas for virtual activities during your office holiday party.
- 10 Types of Annoying Co-Workers and How to Deal With Them
Some co-workers can challenge workplace happiness. Here's how to alleviate the tension.
- What?s a Sign-On Bonus?
A job that offers a sign-on bonus may seem very attractive, but make sure to read the fine print before you sign.
- 11 Qualities of Bad Managers
Watch out for these characteristics of a bad boss.
- Everything You Need to Know About Temping
Learn about temp jobs, temp agencies and whether they're the right fit for you.
- Different Types of Corporate Culture
Understanding a company's culture and how it operates can help you navigate your career success.
- What to Know About Virtual Career Fairs
Every step of a virtual career fair can be an opportunity to learn more about an employer.
- A Guide to Work-From-Home Attire
Your work-from-home clothes can be contributing to your overall productivity.
- Workplace Etiquette for the Office and Remote
COVID-19 has changed some work etiquette. Here's what to know whether you're working from home or the office.
- How to Quit a New Job
Did the dream job quickly turn into a nightmare? Here's how to quit a new job.
- Should You Take a Mental Health Day?
Find out the benefits of a mental health day off from work, when and how to request one and how to make the most of it.
- How to Brand Your LinkedIn Cover Photo
Use the space as an opportunity to market yourself.
- 10 Ways to Ask for the Job at the Interview
Learning the right way to ?make the ask? with a potential employer may help you get the job offer you want.
- Tips for a Successful Internship Interview
Feel more confident in your internship interview by following these key tips.
- What to Know About Internships
This guide will help you understand what an internship is, how to find one and how they can expand your career prospects.
- Coping With a Hostile Work Environment
A hostile work environment goes beyond the occasional rudeness from a coworker.
- 5 Job Hunting Tips
Do these five things for a more effective job search.
- How to Highlight Interpersonal Skills in Interviews and Resumes
Hiring managers look for job applicants who can demonstrate excellent soft skills.
- Headhunter vs. Recruiter: Which Is Best?
What's the difference between a headhunter and a recruiter, and which option is best for your company?
- Tips to Stay Engaged as a Remote Worker ? Now and After the Pandemic
Improving your teleworking skills can boost your future career.
- What Is Wage Garnishment?
Find out how much money can be taken from your paycheck through a wage garnishment and how to stop it.
- How to Navigate Your Company?s Policies for Returning to Work
Going back to work in the era of COVID-19 is complicated, and understanding your employer?s return-to-work policy is essential.
- How to Achieve Integrity in the Workplace
Learn why and how to show integrity at work ? even when working remotely.
- How to Quit a Job
Follow these eight steps to quit a job in the right way.
- How to Respond to an Interview Request
Make a great first impression by sticking to these key rules and following these examples.
- The Ultimate Guide to Severance Pay
Here's what you need to know about severance pay and severance packages.
- 5 Leadership Styles for the Workplace
With several types of leadership styles to employ, which is right for you and your team?
- Things You Should and Shouldn't Do While Waiting to Hear Back From a Job
Follow these guidelines while waiting to hear back after a job interview.
- How to Show Your Ability to Work Remotely as a New Grad
If you?re new to the workforce, you?ll need to demonstrate that you?re adept at working in this new world.
- How to Ace the STAR Interview Method
Shine ? and maybe even land the job ? by using this method to answer open-ended behavioral questions.
- How to Write a Resume
Learn how to make a resume that gets you noticed ? and possibly hired.
- Hobbies That Can Make You Money
Some pastimes you already enjoy can earn you additional income.
- How to Improve Your Career Development
Regularly evolving your skills can lead to a long and successful career.
- Does GPA Matter When Job Searching?
Here's how to handle college grades in your resume, cover letter and interview.
- How Does a Furlough Work?
Here are answers to common questions about being furloughed.
- Work Productivity Tips for Remote Jobs
Here's how to use tech tools to maximize team communication and productivity while working from home.
- How to Show Your Next Employer You're Excellent in a Crisis
Demonstrate these soft skills ? which are essential in a crisis ? to your next employer.
- Work-Life Balance Tips When Your Home Is Your Office
A guide to new work-life balance tips for when you're newly working at home.
- 4 Considerations for Managing Remote Teams
When working from home, creating a clear plan regarding expectations and deliverables is key.
- Tips for a Career Change Cover Letter
Do these five things when writing your cover letter.
- Questions to Ask During a Job Interview
Be prepared with these critical interview questions to ask a potential employer.
- Signs It's Time to Find a New Job
Know the difference between a rough patch at work and red flags signaling it's time for a new job.
- Jobs for Those Whose Careers Are on Hold Because of Coronavirus
Workers of temporarily closed businesses can look for employment ? and income ? in these fields.
- Common Job Interview Questions and How to Answer Them
Use these 10 interview questions and answers to prepare to get your next job.
- How to Describe Weaknesses in a Job Interview
When asked about their weaknesses, job interview candidates should remember these five C's.
- How to Decline a Job Offer
Here are seven steps to saying no to an employer when you expected to say yes.
- Alternatives to 'To Whom It May Concern'
You can do better with your cover letters.
- How Resilient Are You at Work?
Industry leaders share tips on how to bounce back and stay focused amid career challenges.
- What to Wear to Work
It can be hard for professionals to decide what to wear to work. Here are some basic tips to guide you.
- How to Ace a Phone Interview
Phone interviews give you a chance to show your stuff to the hiring committee and get moved to the next round.
- Crafting a 2 Weeks' Notice Email
Submitting a formal resignation letter is standard practice when quitting a job ? but there are some situations in which an email will suffice.
- How to Stay in Control When Your Job Is Stressful
Interruptions, multitasking and negativity all take their toll on your stress level. The following strategies can help nip them in the bud.
- Digital Housekeeping and Your Job Search
Five activities to clean up your digital footprint before beginning a job search.
- How to Write a Recommendation Letter
A step-by-step guide to writing a great recommendation letter.
- 8 Things You Can Do to Feel Better at Work in 2020
A new year brings a fresh chance to fix old habits holding you back from career success.
- How to Approach Career Change in 2020
Tips for those ready to pursue an exciting new job next year.
- Coping With Career Regret
Reflect, look for support and take proactive steps to move forward.
- How to Recover if You're Burned Out at Your Job
A new study shows that around 80% of employees experience burnout at work ? if you're among them, here's what to do.
- Before You Say 'OK Boomer' ? or Get Angry About It ? Embrace the Value of a Multigenerational Workforce
A bias against other age groups can be counterproductive for the workplace.