Futures Brokers Information Website
- Today: Page One
- Today: Marketplace
- Today: Money & Investing
- Home U.S.
- U.S. News
- Politics & Campaign
- Journal Reports
- U.S. Business
- Asia: What's News
- Europe: What's News
- Managing in Asia
- Media & Marketing
- Markets News
- Heard on the Street
- World Markets
- Personal Finance
- Family Finance
- Loans & Credit
- Retirement Planning
- Small Business
- Small Business Financing
- Running a Business
- Using Technology
- Building Awareness
- Top Stories
- U.S. National
- U.S. Congress
- Stock Markets
- U.S. Economy
- European Economy
- Company Earnings
- Personal Finance
- Politics Op/Ed
Futures News - U.S. News - On Careers
From today, January 16, 2021
- How to Showcase Your Skills to Land a Job
Your skills and potential ? rather than a degree or specific background ? may get you the job you want.
- A Guide to Workers? Compensation
Workers? comp can help you collect lost wages and medical benefits in the event of an on-the-job injury or illness.
- Exempt vs. Nonexempt Employees
It?s important to know whether a job is classified as exempt or nonexempt; it determines your eligibility to receive overtime pay.
- How to Create a Professional Website
Create a website to add dimension to your professional qualifications, show your personal brand and boost your online presence.
- What to Know About Providing References
If you're on the job hunt, make sure your list of references is in good shape.
- Sites to Find Work-From-Home Jobs
Stay away from scams and bogus job listing sites. Here's how to find work-from-home jobs.
- How to Build Your Personal Brand
Having a personal brand statement can help you and others better understand the value you bring to a job.
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job
Don't know where to begin with the job hunt? Follow these tips for better job search results on LinkedIn.
- A Guide to Virtual Company Holiday Parties
Boost company morale with these ideas for virtual activities during your office holiday party.
- 10 Types of Annoying Co-Workers and How to Deal With Them
Some co-workers can challenge workplace happiness. Here's how to alleviate the tension.
- What?s a Sign-On Bonus?
A job that offers a sign-on bonus may seem very attractive, but make sure to read the fine print before you sign.
- 11 Qualities of Bad Managers
Watch out for these characteristics of a bad boss.
- Everything You Need to Know About Temping
Learn about temp jobs, temp agencies and whether they're the right fit for you.
- Different Types of Corporate Culture
Understanding a company's culture and how it operates can help you navigate your career success.
- How to Write a Resume Objective Statement
Use these tips to stand out from the crowd.
- What to Know About Virtual Career Fairs
Every step of a virtual career fair can be an opportunity to learn more about an employer.
- A Guide to Work-From-Home Attire
Your work-from-home clothes can be contributing to your overall productivity.
- Workplace Etiquette for the Office and Remote
COVID-19 has changed some work etiquette. Here's what to know whether you're working from home or the office.
- How to Quit a New Job
Did the dream job quickly turn into a nightmare? Here's how to quit a new job.
- Should You Take a Mental Health Day?
Find out the benefits of a mental health day off from work, when and how to request one and how to make the most of it.
- How to Brand Your LinkedIn Cover Photo
Use the space as an opportunity to market yourself.
- 10 Ways to Ask for the Job at the Interview
Learning the right way to ?make the ask? with a potential employer may help you get the job offer you want.
- Tips for a Successful Internship Interview
Feel more confident in your internship interview by following these key tips.
- What to Know About Internships
This guide will help you understand what an internship is, how to find one and how they can expand your career prospects.
- Coping With a Hostile Work Environment
A hostile work environment goes beyond the occasional rudeness from a coworker.
- 5 Job Hunting Tips
Do these five things for a more effective job search.
- How to Highlight Interpersonal Skills in Interviews and Resumes
Hiring managers look for job applicants who can demonstrate excellent soft skills.
- Headhunter vs. Recruiter: Which Is Best?
What's the difference between a headhunter and a recruiter, and which option is best for your company?
- Tips to Stay Engaged as a Remote Worker ? Now and After the Pandemic
Improving your teleworking skills can boost your future career.
- What Is Wage Garnishment?
Find out how much money can be taken from your paycheck through a wage garnishment and how to stop it.
- How to Navigate Your Company?s Policies for Returning to Work
Going back to work in the era of COVID-19 is complicated, and understanding your employer?s return-to-work policy is essential.
- How to Achieve Integrity in the Workplace
Learn why and how to show integrity at work ? even when working remotely.
- How to Quit a Job
Follow these eight steps to quit a job in the right way.
- How to Respond to an Interview Request
Make a great first impression by sticking to these key rules and following these examples.
- The Ultimate Guide to Severance Pay
Here's what you need to know about severance pay and severance packages.
- How to Write a Professional Bio
Follow these guidelines for a professional bio to help you stand out.
- 5 Leadership Styles for the Workplace
With several types of leadership styles to employ, which is right for you and your team?
- Things You Should and Shouldn't Do While Waiting to Hear Back From a Job
Follow these guidelines while waiting to hear back after a job interview.
- How to Show Your Ability to Work Remotely as a New Grad
If you?re new to the workforce, you?ll need to demonstrate that you?re adept at working in this new world.
- Fired vs. Laid Off vs. Furloughed ? What?s the Difference?
Learn the differences between the situations and how you can take control of your career moving forward.
- 10 Free Online Certification Courses to Advance Your Career
These free online career courses give you a valuable certification that can boost job opportunities.
- Resume Mistakes to Avoid
Steer clear of these resume writing mistakes to increase your chances of getting that interview.
- How to Ace the STAR Interview Method
Shine ? and maybe even land the job ? by using this method to answer open-ended behavioral questions.
- Online Personality Tests to Take Now
Learn about your personality for long-term career success
- How to Write a Resume
Learn how to make a resume that gets you noticed ? and possibly hired.
- Jobs After College for Recent Graduates
While the job market is down in the face of a global pandemic, these eight positions may be recession-proof.
- Hobbies That Can Make You Money
Some pastimes you already enjoy can earn you additional income.
- How to Improve Your Career Development
Regularly evolving your skills can lead to a long and successful career.
- Does GPA Matter When Job Searching?
Here's how to handle college grades in your resume, cover letter and interview.
- Workplace Laws Your Employer May Be Violating
Here are some of the employee rights your boss may be breaking, either intentionally or inadvertently.
- How Does a Furlough Work?
Here are answers to common questions about being furloughed.
- Work Productivity Tips for Remote Jobs
Here's how to use tech tools to maximize team communication and productivity while working from home.
- How to Show Your Next Employer You're Excellent in a Crisis
Demonstrate these soft skills ? which are essential in a crisis ? to your next employer.
- Work-Life Balance Tips When Your Home Is Your Office
A guide to new work-life balance tips for when you're newly working at home.
- 4 Considerations for Managing Remote Teams
When working from home, creating a clear plan regarding expectations and deliverables is key.
- Tips for a Career Change Cover Letter
Do these five things when writing your cover letter.
- Questions to Ask During a Job Interview
Be prepared with these critical interview questions to ask a potential employer.
- Signs It's Time to Find a New Job
Know the difference between a rough patch at work and red flags signaling it's time for a new job.
- Jobs for Those Whose Careers Are on Hold Because of Coronavirus
Workers of temporarily closed businesses can look for employment ? and income ? in these fields.
- Common Job Interview Questions and How to Answer Them
Use these 10 interview questions and answers to prepare to get your next job.
- How to Describe Weaknesses in a Job Interview
When asked about their weaknesses, job interview candidates should remember these five C's.
- How to Decline a Job Offer
Here are seven steps to saying no to an employer when you expected to say yes.
- Alternatives to 'To Whom It May Concern'
You can do better with your cover letters.
- The Exact Words to Use When Negotiating Salary in a Job Offer
If you don't ask, then you can't get the salary you deserve.
- Must-Have Communication Skills for Your Resume
Expand on your ability to write, speak, persuade and collaborate.
- How Resilient Are You at Work?
Industry leaders share tips on how to bounce back and stay focused amid career challenges.
- What to Wear to Work
It can be hard for professionals to decide what to wear to work. Here are some basic tips to guide you.
- How to Ace a Phone Interview
Phone interviews give you a chance to show your stuff to the hiring committee and get moved to the next round.
- Crafting a 2 Weeks' Notice Email
Submitting a formal resignation letter is standard practice when quitting a job ? but there are some situations in which an email will suffice.
- 6 Things Employees Should Know About the Family and Medical Leave Act
Don't wait for a family health crisis to understand FMLA guidelines.
- Best Skills to List on Your Resume (and Some Skills to Exclude)
Reflecting in-demand qualifications on your resume is key.
- How to Ask for a Raise
It doesn't have to be an uncomfortable conversation.
- How to Stay in Control When Your Job Is Stressful
Interruptions, multitasking and negativity all take their toll on your stress level. The following strategies can help nip them in the bud.
- Digital Housekeeping and Your Job Search
Five activities to clean up your digital footprint before beginning a job search.
- How to Write a Recommendation Letter
A step-by-step guide to writing a great recommendation letter.
- 8 Things You Can Do to Feel Better at Work in 2020
A new year brings a fresh chance to fix old habits holding you back from career success.
- How to Approach Career Change in 2020
Tips for those ready to pursue an exciting new job next year.
- Coping With Career Regret
Reflect, look for support and take proactive steps to move forward.
- How to Recover if You're Burned Out at Your Job
A new study shows that around 80% of employees experience burnout at work ? if you're among them, here's what to do.
- Before You Say 'OK Boomer' ? or Get Angry About It ? Embrace the Value of a Multigenerational Workforce
A bias against other age groups can be counterproductive for the workplace.
- Don't Want to Ask Your Boss for PTO During the Holidays? Here's How and Why You Should
Many employees hesitate to ask for the vacation time they've earned ? even over the holidays.
- 6 Reasons Why the Holidays Are a Great Time to Job Hunt
Get a jump on your career advancement by taking advantage of late December.
- The Self-Promotion Gap Is Holding Women Back at Work ? Here?s What to Do
A new survey reveals that women may be sabotaging their careers by underselling their accomplishments.
- 10 Ways Your Career Can Survive a Recession
How to stay employed when the economy turns.
- Questions to Ask in a Job Interview
Be prepared to make interviewing a two-way street with these eight key questions to ask the hiring team.
- Generation Z Characteristics in the Workplace
Current managers and bosses would be wise to learn what makes Gen Zers tick at work.
- Phone Interview Questions to Prepare For
Make sure you have comprehensive answers for these common phone interview questions.
- 8 Stress-Busting Mood Boosters to Feel Better in the Office
Trying these mental tips and exercises at work can help with stress management and improve your office health.
- A Guide to Getting a Doctor's Note for Work When Sick or Disabled
Doctor's notes are imperative at work, especially for longer-term illnesses and when disabled.
- 3 Exercise and Ergonomic Tips to Feel Better in the Office
Sitting all day at your desk or computer can take a toll on your health and happiness. Try these ergonomist-approved tips to do something about it.
- Generation X Characteristics in the Workplace
Understanding the traits that make Gen Xers tick at work.
- How to Nurture Tomorrow's Leaders
Learn three ways you can personally help train future leaders.
- 10 Signs of Burnout at Work
If you have these burnout symptoms, you may need to rethink your work-life balance.
- Lying on Your Resume: Consider This Advice Before Embellishing Your Career
While #LiesOnMyResume might sound funny as a joke on Twitter, career embellishment can come with consequences.
- The Secret to Tuning Out the Noise at Work
'Noise' at work isn't just what you hear ? it's all of the distractions around you. Here's how to get better control of your focus and your workday.
- Mistakes to Avoid on a Thank-You Email
Don't ask certain premature questions, watch your tone and other tips.
- Things to Not Do When Quitting Your Job
Nine pitfalls to avoid when leaving.
- 20 Work-Life Balance Tips and Secrets From CEOs
These work-life balance quotes reveal the beliefs of top business leaders from companies including Starbucks, Amazon and Facebook.
- 10 Ways to Learn About a Company's Culture
Before you accept a job, research these sources to find out more about company culture.
- Questions You Should be Prepared to Answer as a Job Reference
Reference check questions are a powerful tool to help employers decide if a candidate is a good fit.