Futures Brokers Information Website
- Today: Page One
- Today: Marketplace
- Today: Money & Investing
- Home U.S.
- U.S. News
- Politics & Campaign
- Journal Reports
- U.S. Business
- Asia: What's News
- Europe: What's News
- Managing in Asia
- Media & Marketing
- Markets News
- Heard on the Street
- World Markets
- Personal Finance
- Family Finance
- Loans & Credit
- Retirement Planning
- Small Business
- Small Business Financing
- Running a Business
- Using Technology
- Building Awareness
- Top Stories
- U.S. National
- U.S. Congress
- Stock Markets
- U.S. Economy
- European Economy
- Company Earnings
- Personal Finance
- Politics Op/Ed
Futures News - U.S. News - On Careers
From today, June 27, 2022
- Is a Toxic Mindset Affecting Your Work Performance?
Learn how to ditch negative mental habits that are hurting your work performance and holding you back from career success.
- What to Know About Internships
Here's how landing an internship in 2022 can expand your career prospects.
- What Does PTO Mean?
Instead of having set vacation and sick days, some newer PTO models let you decide how to use your time.
- Should You Manage Your Time or Energy at Work?
Time management or energy management? It?s not an either-or. The most effective strategy is to blend them both.
- Job Outlook for Recent College Graduates
College hiring is surging and the job market looks promising for the class of 2022 ? especially in these specific industries.
- What to Know About Gen Z in the Workplace
Current managers and bosses would be wise to learn what makes Gen Zers tick at work.
- How to Change Careers Successfully
Follow these steps for a successful career change
- How to Write a Professional Thank-You Email
A thank-you email after an interview demonstrates your interest and communication skills.
- What Is a Boomerang Employee?
Workers are returning to jobs they left during the Great Resignation. But is it ever a good idea to be a boomerang employee?
- How to Answer 'Why Do You Want to Work Here?'
Learn how you should and shouldn't answer this question at your next job interview.
- What Is a CV or Curriculum Vitae?
Some employers prefer or require candidates to send a CV rather than a resume when applying for a job.
- Common Job Interview Questions and How to Answer Them
Use these 20 interview questions and answers to prepare to get your next job.
- How to Write a Goodbye Email to Co-Workers
If you're leaving a job, you can strengthen professional relationships with your co-workers by crafting a goodbye email.
- What Employees Should Know About the Family and Medical Leave Act
Don't wait for a family health crisis to understand FMLA guidelines.
- Morning Rituals to Avoid a Bad Day at Work
How you start your morning can make or break how you tackle your workday.
- Tips for Returning to the Office
Here's what employees need to know about making a smooth transition back into the office.
- 10 Communication Skills for Your Resume
Candidates who show how they use their communication skills to persuade and collaborate give employers a much better gauge of their qualifications.
- How to Master Situational and Behavioral Interview Questions
Put your best foot forward at a job interview by learning how to answer these kinds of questions.
- When and How to List Volunteer Work on a Resume
Your volunteer work can show employers you're actively using your skills or adopting new ones.
- How to Ask for a Raise at Work
Understand these key points for each step of the process ? before, during and after you ask for a raise ? to improve your chances of a favorable outcome.
- What to Say When Negotiating Salary in a Job Offer
If you don't ask, then you can't get the salary you deserve. Here's exactly what to say when negotiating during a job offer.
- Best Job Skills to List on Your Resume
Make sure your resume includes these in-demand job skills.
- How to Gauge Career Readiness Skills From Internships
Leading colleges and universities are getting smarter in how they help students understand their career readiness skills.
- Red Flags That You Have Too Much Stress at Work
Is the feeling of being overworked causing you stress? Here are six red flags to recognize before you burn out.
- How to Ask to Work Remotely Full Time
If you're concerned about going back to the office or you simply get more done at home, here's how to request to work remotely.
- How to Prevent Crisis Mode at Work
A constant sense of urgency can keep you from doing your best work and add unnecessary stress to your life.
- 10 Ways to Build Your Personal Brand
Having a personal brand statement can help you and others better understand the value you bring to a job.
- How to Stay Focused as Remote Work Remains
Here's why many employees still prefer to work from home and how you can improve focus and motivation.
- What to Know About Sign-On Bonuses
A job that offers a sign-on bonus may seem very attractive, but make sure to read the fine print before you sign.
- 8 Different Types of Corporate Culture
Understanding an organization's culture and how it operates can help you navigate your career success.
- 15 Qualities of Bad Managers
Watch out for these characteristics of a bad boss.
- U.S. Job Market: Who's Quitting, Who's Hiring
The U.S. job market has seen extreme fluctuations in 2021. Here's who's quitting, who's hiring and job seeking tips for 2022.
- How to Make the Most of Your College Career Center
Start early and go often: Your college career center has a wealth of resources to improve your job outcomes.
- Tips for a Successful Internship Interview
Feel more confident in your internship interview by following these key tips.
- What Is a Union?
Labor unions and labor jobs can help employees gain equity and fairness in pay and working conditions.
- When Should You File an HR Complaint?
Learn what problems you should and shouldn't take to the human resources department.
- Are You a People Pleaser and Approval Seeker at Work?
The beliefs and behaviors you bring to the workplace may be causing conflict with colleagues and holding you back in your career.
- Reasons to Quit Your Job
Should you quit your job?
- What to Know About Fellowships vs. Internships
Fellowships and internships offer opportunities for early career professionals to move forward in a targeted career path.
- How Does a 4-Day Workweek Work?
A four-day workweek may help promote work-life balance and prevent burnout.
- How to Best Use Your LinkedIn Cover Photo
Use the space on your profile as an opportunity to market yourself.
- How to Ask for the Job at the Interview
Learning the right way to ?make the ask? with a potential employer may help you get the job offer you want.
- How Do Background Checks Work?
Employers must seek your permission before delving into your criminal or financial records.
- What to Know About New Collar Jobs
New collar jobs allow workers to emphasize their skill set over having a traditional four-year college degree.
- 10 Tips to Quit a Job After Only 3 to 6 Months
Quitting quickly has some risks. Here are 10 tips to make a smoother exit.
- What Is an Exit Interview?
Follow these exit interview tips for a successful send-off.
- What Is Wage Garnishment?
Find out how much money can be taken from your paycheck through a wage garnishment and how to stop it.
- How to Highlight Interpersonal Skills
Hiring managers look for job applicants who can demonstrate excellent soft skills.
- Online Personality Tests to Take Now
Learning about your personality is important when thinking about your ideal career or a new career move.
- How to Tell Your Boss You Got Another Job Offer
A step-by-step guide to telling your boss that another employer wants you to work for them.
- What Is the Gig Economy?
For the growing number of people engaging in the gig economy, the positives may outweigh the negatives.
- How to Write a Professional Bio
Follow these guidelines and examples for a professional bio that stands out to hiring managers.
- How to Fight Working-From-Home Fatigue
Remote work can lead to physical and mental fatigue, but you can take these steps to combat it.
- 10 Free Online Certification Courses to Advance Your Career
These courses provide valuable training and professional certifications that can boost job opportunities.
- 15 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
Steer clear of these resume writing mistakes to increase your chances of getting that interview.
- Tips for Job Interviews via Zoom
Virtual interviews are here to stay. Follow these tips for success.
- Pros and Cons of Working From Home
Be aware of the benefits and drawbacks of working from home when considering your ideal work environment.
- Resume Objective Statement Tips and Examples
Use these tips to stand out from the crowd and land the job.
- Best Job Search Sites
Start your job search using these best job finding websites.
- What Is a Job Title?
A job title shows a person's function or seniority in a company, but it doesn't paint a full picture of a worker's value.
- Why Is It Taking So Long to Hear Back After an Interview?
Job seekers may find themselves ghosted or ?breadcrumbed? in today?s competitive job market. Here's why and what to do about it.
- How to Professionally Handle an Uncomfortable Situation in the Workplace
Consider these tips on how to deal with an uncomfortable or unprofessional situation at work.
- Tips for a Career Change Resume
Making a career transition means updating your resume. Here are eight tips to craft your career change resume.
- How to Write an Elevator Pitch
The need for a professional elevator pitch has never been greater. Learn how to write an impactful one with these examples.
- How to Respond to an Email Introduction
Someone in your network connected you with someone new. Here's how to reply to an introduction email.
- How to Write a First Job Resume for Teens
Even with no work experience, teens can still make an effective resume. See a sample teen resume.
- Types of Work Burnout and How to Combat It
Recognize some key signs of work burnout to find a path back to balance.
- Job Search Strategies After a Career Pause or Job Loss
Pandemic-related job losses are hitting women especially hard. Here are strategies to approach the job search.
- Best Skills to List on Your Resume
Here are some in-demand skills and abilities to include on your resume.
- How to Showcase Your Skills to Land a Job
Your skills and potential ? rather than a degree or specific background ? may get you the job you want.
- A Guide to Workers? Compensation
Workers? comp can help you collect lost wages and medical benefits in the event of an on-the-job injury or illness.
- Exempt vs. Nonexempt Employees
It?s important to know whether a job is classified as exempt or nonexempt; it determines your eligibility to receive overtime pay.
- How to Create a Professional Website
Create a website to add dimension to your professional qualifications, show your personal brand and boost your online presence.
- What to Know About Providing References
If you're on the job hunt, make sure your list of references is in good shape.
- Sites to Find Work-From-Home Jobs
Stay away from scams and bogus job listing sites. Here's how to find work-from-home jobs.
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job
Don't know where to begin with the job hunt? Follow these tips for better job search results on LinkedIn.
- A Guide to Virtual Company Holiday Parties
Boost company morale with these ideas for virtual activities during your office holiday party.
- 10 Types of Annoying Co-Workers and How to Deal With Them
Some co-workers can challenge workplace happiness. Here's how to alleviate the tension.
- Everything You Need to Know About Temping
Learn about temp jobs, temp agencies and whether they're the right fit for you.
- What to Know About Virtual Career Fairs
Every step of a virtual career fair can be an opportunity to learn more about an employer.
- A Guide to Work-From-Home Attire
Your work-from-home clothes can be contributing to your overall productivity.
- Workplace Etiquette for the Office and Remote
COVID-19 has changed some work etiquette. Here's what to know whether you're working from home or the office.
- How to Quit a New Job
Did the dream job quickly turn into a nightmare? Here's how to quit a new job.
- Should You Take a Mental Health Day?
Find out the benefits of a mental health day off from work, when and how to request one and how to make the most of it.
- Coping With a Hostile Work Environment
A hostile work environment goes beyond the occasional rudeness from a coworker.
- 5 Job Hunting Tips
Do these five things for a more effective job search.
- Headhunter vs. Recruiter: Which Is Best?
What's the difference between a headhunter and a recruiter, and which option is best for your company?
- Tips to Stay Engaged as a Remote Worker ? Now and After the Pandemic
Improving your teleworking skills can boost your future career.
- How to Navigate Your Company?s Policies for Returning to Work
Going back to work in the era of COVID-19 is complicated, and understanding your employer?s return-to-work policy is essential.
- How to Achieve Integrity in the Workplace
Learn why and how to show integrity at work ? even when working remotely.
- How to Quit a Job
Follow these eight steps to quit a job in the right way.
- How to Respond to an Interview Request
Make a great first impression by sticking to these key rules and following these examples.
- The Ultimate Guide to Severance Pay
Here's what you need to know about severance pay and severance packages.
- 5 Leadership Styles for the Workplace
With several types of leadership styles to employ, which is right for you and your team?
- Things You Should and Shouldn't Do While Waiting to Hear Back From a Job
Follow these guidelines while waiting to hear back after a job interview.
- How to Show Your Ability to Work Remotely as a New Grad
If you?re new to the workforce, you?ll need to demonstrate that you?re adept at working in this new world.
- How to Ace the STAR Interview Method
Shine ? and maybe even land the job ? by using this method to answer open-ended behavioral questions.
- How to Write a Resume
Learn how to make a resume that gets you noticed ? and possibly hired.
- Hobbies That Can Make You Money
Some pastimes you already enjoy can earn you additional income.
- How to Improve Your Career Development
Regularly evolving your skills can lead to a long and successful career.